What meat grinder you working with...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Hello Guys,

Well after a few years of putting it off I think I want to buy me a meat grinder. I just started researching them online and seeing what out there. It will be awesome if ya'll can point me in the right direction? Any info will help and i'll go from there.

thanks
RICK

I have the LEM products for almost ten years now with no problem. you can buy direct or your local Basspro shop.
They carry all you need to process your game.
http://www.lemproducts.com/category/butcher-meat-grinders?r=adwordsLEMBrandCampaign&src=ADWORDLEM&gclid=CLPKoerblckCFVBgfgodY6UPkg

Eric pecan said:
I have the LEM products for almost ten years now with no problem. you can buy direct or your local Basspro shop.
They carry all you need to process your game.
http://www.lemproducts.com/category/butcher-meat-grinders?r=adwordsLEMBrandCampaign&src=ADWORDLEM&gclid=CLPKoerblckCFVBgfgodY6UPkg

I use LEM also

I've used a #10 Juniper hand crank for years......Works great for most small applications......Cabela's sells them for about 30 bucks.

f32c6bdffd6587ef23d90182b99b86b1.jpg

4891b928e80d3d7cd599393bc3289d24.jpg

I use a Kitchen Aid. Works for a lot of stuff, including 30 lbs of venison sausage! Haven't used anything else so I can't tell you if there is a difference.

wow, thanks guys. I hope to get one very soon. Flecko, that is awesome. thanksgiving is coming up fast and the guys are already texting to see what wild game is on the list to eat. I already have some fresh quail, duck, pheasant and venison ready to prep and from the sea wahoo and yft.. dude, I'm getting hungry already ;)

I just went in with a couple friends on a Cabelas Commercial Grade 3/4hp unit http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=713906&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=d9dfd5d1ac10845723d09a9c0dc96dc7. It's a big investment, but I'm hoping it will last a good long time. We processed 50 lbs of elk burger the other day- grinds meat like a boss. Next week, we're headed to Wyoming, and hope to come back with a large amount of deer to process!

Here's what I've learned so far:
1. Work in short sessions. The motor heats up, and transmits that heat to the grinder assembly, which is what you don't want.
2. Grind the meat and the fat together, not separately. Mixing it together after the fact is a non-starter.
3. I have a lot to learn about running the meat through a 2nd time. I think the key will be to have it partially frozen.

I like the Kitchenaid attachment too but I've only used the grinder. I don't have the sausage stuffer attachment shown in Flecko's pic... yet.
But now I'm inspired!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu