What other addiction(s) do you have?

I like anything pre-WWII, but the Civil War is my favorite topic. I think A Stillness at Appomattox by Bruce Catton was the best I've read on the subject. I also really liked John Ransom's Andersonville Diary for a very readable and upbeat diary from a POW.
Company Aytch is my favorite so far, but I haven’t read that many. Just recently I learned that my 3rd great-grandfather was in the 50th Georgia, and I read Wiregrass to Appomattox, which is about the regiment. I really enjoyed it, they were in a lot of battles. My 3rd great grandfather was captured at Sailors Creek a few days before the surrender. The author included a lot of letters and theres a roster of the regiment, its a real detailed book.

Reactions: Zak
I am Jonesing pretty hard too since California Outlawed it. About to fall off the wagon and go on a bender in Vegas.

View attachment 52855

These take the edge off

View attachment 52856

View attachment 52857

View attachment 52860

View attachment 52862

View attachment 52863

and my baby. They sent me an stimulus check to stimulate the economy, this is what I came up with and Still stimulating.

View attachment 52866

Love that tackle box...South Bend, Heddon, Creek Chub, Pflueger, Skakespeare.... :clap:

I like to bake (even run my own little bakery out of my house for friends and family) and went to pastry school

Then there is the usual millennial hobbies - reading, video games, building custom PCs.

My unused real estate license expired too, I liked to look at all the property I cant afford in SoCal and likely never will.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
and none of those are made any longer those were top of the line back in the day

Actually some of those are still made today, but in plastic...The 2 mice and the frog are very cool...I have a number of both mice.

ps...Jeremy...Want to trade for the frog?

Actually some of those are still made today, but in plastic...The 2 mice and the frog are very cool...I have a number of both mice.

ps...Jeremy...Want to trade for the frog?
Good eye, Paw Paw Wotta Frog, still has most of the hair.

B2E64298-C46A-4D12-9072-049FE10E4853.jpeg

16E2E952-B695-42AC-9D51-C211D9751871.jpeg

Yea, let’s fish the spawn, if you can catch a fish with it you can keep it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu