WHAT RANGE FINDER

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
What range finder are you using?
I bought the Chuck Adams Bushnell so I could use it for bow and rifle.
Ranges out to 600 yards no problem have ranged to 833 but you need a big object to bounce off of.
In bow mode it seems to work like it's supposed to,overall I like it.

I'm using a Leica LRF 800. Its been a great rangefinder. The only thing I could see as an improvement would be an increased field of view. Other than that - it is a solid piece of gear. It's a Leica!

I'm using the Bushnell Scout 1000 with A.R.C. The ARC works great. I shot a rabbit at 35 yards almost straight down hill, and a crow high in a tree. Both times that ARC told me what the horizontal yardage was so I could adjust my aim.

I use the Nikon 600 which is a nice hand held rangfinder for archery hunting. I gave my son my Buchell 800
which is a little bigger than the Nikon but works well for rifle hunting. I have had that Nikon for probally five
years and have never had to change the battery. Great unit.

I use a Nikon Archers Choice for bow hunting and a Leica LRC 600 for rifle both are very good, except the Nikon does not work in when there is the least bit of fog, but the Lieca works any time, and I agree that the Leica could use a bit more field of view

Like NBK I'm using the Leica LRF 800 works great no complaints except its kinda big and same fov complaint. The plan next year is to switch to the Leica 10x binos with rangefinder built in. I've had the opportunity to hunt Az three times in the last three years and on four seperate occasions I have crossed tracks and conversed with with four different guides all wearing this glass, Their reasons and thoughts about the quality and ease of use makes sense to me. It doesnt make sense for every situation and I'll never give up my 8x but I like the idea of two in one right there hanging on your chest and ready to use (did'nt used to like to combine technologies but I dont think you can go wrong with Leica)

I have looked at the Leica Geovid's. Great binocular but I am not crazy about 10X as the mainstay around my neck. They give up a tremendous amount of light relative to the 8X. A compromise for sure. I was surprised that they weren't really heavy (spec below). Bottom line is - Leica is the best and all of their products are amazing.

Specifications
Weight (oz): 33.3
Size (in): 4.88 x 6.63 x 2.75
Eye Relief (mm): 15.6
Field of View @ 1000yds (ft):331
Exit Pupil (mm): 4.2
Close Focus (ft): 18.4

I use the Nikon Monarch Laser 800.. Been using is for a few years now does everthing I need it to then some.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu