What TP tent

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
Don't know much about them but thinking I want to go that route. Have some stuff going on at work where I may need to spent some time in one this summer so I'm thinking of getting one to fit the bill for both hunting and work. I get a smoking deal on the Big Agnes ones but I'm sure there are more options out there. Was thinking of something that would give me an a good ultralight set up for two guys and gear or add the insert and have it really Gucci for just myself. Thoughts/ Suggestions?

can’t go wrong with seek outside. I have the silver tip it has plenty of space for 2 guys no stove. If you want to run a stove the Cimaron is the way to go. I am gonna have Seek on the Podcast in a few weeks excited to talk with them.

People really like the new Peax TP as well.

Sweet I’ll definitely check it out. Hopefully doing some REMS deployments this summer. So sometimes we’re camping in a park and sometimes we’re getting flown into remote areas where weight and size are an issue. I think I would at least like something with a stove jack. Just to have the option.

Seek is awesome. I second the Cimaron. Griz tore my buddies up, he sent it in and got it fixed up. Just stuff it in a saddle paneer and ride off. Under 6lbs and tons of room. Stove was great when snowed in two days.

I don't understand the need for a super lightweight tent when you need to carry a freaking stove.

I don't understand the need for a super lightweight tent when you need to carry a freaking stove.
Cause the stove is light weight too! I have the cimaron. I'd have a hard time going back to a non heated tent when in the back country and its sub 25 out

Yup, stove is maybe two pounds. I say maybe because it’s so small it fits in anywhere but soooooo worth it! Drying clothes, warmth, cooking, ambience with your heterosexual life mates.

Attachments

• IMG_9334.jpeg
    IMG_9334.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
I have a Cimarron and redcliff. For 2 guys, I would definitely get the Cimarron packs up small. 3 pounds 6 Oz with carbon fiber pole and stakes. If you use a trekking poles hitch, I think it saves 8 oz.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu