WHATS IN YOUR TURKEY VEST

I like to travel light. A good box a good slate a granola bar a knife and water is all I take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevo,

Nice how to video..... 8)

Only things I add are, bug spray (mosquito), 5 shells (besides the 3 have in my gun), very small 1st aid kit, extra face mask & gloves (mesh & super light), multi tool (Leatherman), toilette's/tp, and a sheathed folding saw (Gerber).

Because I use DSD decoys. They have there own bag. In that bag, I have ant spray (Wal-Mart), green ivy vines (Michael's), and a small section of GI brown camo.

One other thing I use all the time (except while hunting Merriam's) is the turkey lounger chair (Turkey Thug brand from Wal-Mart).....They have a strap, but fits nicely in the rear compartment of most vests.

ps.....We'll be discussing gear, where to go, and techniques tonight at the NWTF meeting in Poway (Filippi's Pizza).

Stevo,

If you're coming to the meeting......Bring your vest and gear......Love to have you talk to the guys (& gals).

I started with a cheap turkey vest but instead of investing in one with greater quality, I went with a camo backpack instead. It has a sling for my shotgun to be holstered/strapped in so I can hike free-handed if desired. Also has room to store my decoys and other misc. items. I'm able to take it off and stash it during my hunt and I can wear my camo leafy jacket with no snags.

I'm sure it's more about preference but is there a better choice between the two? I also try to pack light. Stupid question... but does a turkey vest and ghillie type camo suit still visually work?

JFF said:
I started with a cheap turkey vest but instead of investing in one with greater quality, I went with a camo backpack instead. It has a sling for my shotgun to be holstered/strapped in so I can hike free-handed if desired. Also has room to store my decoys and other misc. items. I'm able to take it off and stash it during my hunt and I can wear my camo leafy jacket with no snags.

I'm sure it's more about preference but is there a better choice between the two? I also try to pack light. Stupid question... but does a turkey vest and ghillie type camo suit still visually work?

i know turkey vests are meant to keep on, but if im setting up decoys i pull my vest off and have my calls in my lap to avoid any unneccesary movement, i like the leafy suit

Attachments

• 20160331_083457_resized.jpg
    20160331_083457_resized.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 33
I don't usually use a vest (although I have 3 different styles) here in SoCal.....I use the Run & Gun waist pouch.....In my duffle bag, I carry 2 DSD's decoys, bug killer, extra leafy, etc.....I always take the waist pack off.

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 9

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu