What's this track (Adams dumb non buck tracks)

InDeepShip

Nov 7, 2021
I'm pretty new to hunting and came across this patch of dirt that kinda looks like something bedded down. It also had a bunch of these kinda tracks. I'm assuming this is deer?IMG_20220123_130856.jpgIMG_20220123_103413.jpg

Doe track is correct. You're doing well! Now is a great time to scout before it gets too hot and their daylight activity drops. They also aren't being hunted so they are easier to find. Keep at it!

Reactions: InDeepShip
Exactly my thought. What's the biggest deciding factor between a doe and buck tracks?
Besides being a little bigger they will have "dew claws." If you google images search for it or "buck tracks" you'll see. Its two pokey things behind the regular track. Kinda like you stuck your tweo fingers in the dirt behind the main track.

Reactions: InDeepShip
1657242129084.png
What is this one? Kinda looks mountain liony but also could just be a dog with some trimmed nails.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu