Where do you get your arrow weed for blind material?

Dave3006

Nov 26, 2019
When you are hunting Wister, you used to be able to buy arrow weed at the trailer. The trailer is gone now. Where do you guys get your blind material?

Thanks.

P.S. I know this is a dumb question. But, ...

When you are hunting Wister, you used to be able to buy arrow weed at the trailer. The trailer is gone now. Where do you guys get your blind material?

Thanks.

P.S. I know this is a dumb question. But, ...
It’s NOT a dumb question . If you hunt Wister it is almost a must . Having said that it is almost like posting a favorite blind site . It doesn’t take much to wipe it out so sharing on this site should be frowned upon . Also like the hunting site you need to spend some time and scout . Anywhere there is a ditch with water or runoff will hold some . The problem is a lot of it gets old and doesn’t make the best blind material . You might look a little further away from the Refuge for a private stash . This is just my opinion so take it for what it’s worth . Oldquack 49

Keep an eye out for it during the day and make a note of where you see the good tall stuff. My spots change year to year sometimes. Not uncommon to have a good spot and then the next year you find the county came through and cleaned that whole canal free of it

Any of the roads that parallel canals/ditches. Drive up and down all the roads south of Wister. You’ll find it within a few minutes

Reactions: Dave3006
Thanks. Do you guys usually get it the night before? Or, do you do it the morning of your hunt?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu