Where does everyone live and what do they hunt?

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
Sorry If this question has already been posted but I couldn't find anything related to it. Just curious where people live and what they like to hunt. I posted up some pictures in the Newbie forum as an introductory. I live in the East County of San Diego. The last 3 years I made a 100% switch to bow hunting. Will not knock rifle hunters in any way shape or form but I've lost interest in it. I usually hit up each of the bird openers, dove, duck, pheasant. Last couple of years I've been successful on bucks in A-22 and a bear in Northern California. Starting this weekend I'll be hitting the high desert and local mountains pretty hard. There's a big 4x4 buck in the high desert I'm after but I'm not too good to pass up a doe either. What about you guys? Good luck to you all.

Live in Lakeside. Hunt local Deer, have no idea on the amount of Coyotes that have been put down. Chase Elk when I can, a few Whitetail have fallen along with an Antelope. Sometime down the road I think A Caribou is going to come home with me. Always start the season with the Dove opener and will usually get in at least one quail trip,

Live in San Diego looking forward to hunt local deer this year. This will be my first year chasing Mule deer, grew up in Midwest have taken a fair share of whitetails (nothing HUGE does don't make it past me often). Like to do some dove hunting, never hunted waterfowl, though.

I live in El Cajon and I hunt Deer, Antelope, Varmints (my favorite), Dove, Quail, Pheasants, Turkey, Ducks, Geese, and Elk once in a while and have not scored one yet. I go blast on the pigeons (sewer hawks) down at the feed lots now and then too...

I live in San Diego and if it has a heartbeat I am interested!

I live in Temecula and hunt deer locally at Pendleton and in CNF. I also hunt dove, rabbit, quail. Hoping to get drawn for an elk hunt at FHL next year since I will have a few points, and hoping to get after some pigs at Vandenberg in the near future.

Sounds like I'm one of the "Northerners" here in the Redlands/San Bernardino area.
I'm just getting into hunting and so far have only been out for dove. Anxiously awaiting quail and duck season though!

"Antlers and horns intrigue me"

"If it has a heartbeat I am interested"

I like that!

Lungpopper, how do you call coyotes? Hand call or electronic? I called in my first and only coyote last year when I was scouting for deer. Came in to about 20 yards. Of course I didn't have a weapon on me. Still working on it. I'd like to plug one with my bow but I recently bought a Rem SPS Varmint in .223. I wanna deck it out with a nice scope and tweak it a bit to drill tacs at some distance.

Last year for the first time I used an electronic call. The electronic call was cool because it keeps the attention off of you and gives you a little more ability to move around.
I still prefer the hand calls. It's easy to keep one in your pack no matter what kind of hunting you are doing. If you see a coyote find a spot and make a stand.
223 is a great coyote gun. What scope are you thinking about putting on it?

I'm in Lakeside and hunt big and small game, predators, varmints, upland game, and do a fair amount of bow fishing. The only thing I do not spend much time on is water foul. I' ve shot them before but just don't spend many hours hunting them.

Randomshot said:
I'm in Lakeside and hunt big and small game, predators, varmints, upland game, and do a fair amount of bow fishing. The only thing I do not spend much time on is water foul. I' ve shot them before but just don't spend many hours hunting them.

The only place I've heard of people bowfishing is the river. Anyplace local in SD County?

Lungpopper said:
Last year for the first time I used an electronic call. The electronic call was cool because it keeps the attention off of you and gives you a little more ability to move around.
I still prefer the hand calls. It's easy to keep one in your pack no matter what kind of hunting you are doing. If you see a coyote find a spot and make a stand.
223 is a great coyote gun. What scope are you thinking about putting on it?

I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 but I'd like to get something a little nicer to match the gun. Nikon Monarch or Leupold...? I guess the Prostaff would work for the meantime.

I'm in the Harbison Canyon area. Hunted deer and bear, as well as upland game and waterfowl. Varmints when I can and hoping to do some out of state bowhunting next year in Utah.

El Cajon. I hunt Quail California/mountian/gambles , Snipe, Pheasant, Turkey, Ducks, Geese, Dove, band tail pigeon, Coyote, Chuckar, Deer, normal pigeon lol, i just found some pigs so hopefully i can add that soon and my bob cats coming soon

I am in OC and i hunt just about everything under the sun. Archery for most big game but i have fallen in love with my ar15 for dogs. I bird hunt all over North America but spend most of my time in mexico and idaho. I am a duck hunter and proud to say it :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu