Where I'm going - Turkey Crazy!

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
I know where I'll be at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning. The chill of anticipation is in the air.
Going turkey crazy!
Has anybody already gone to their spot and camping out?

Laguna's are very nice. I don't think it will be crowded there. Bow hunting only there. So that keeps the crowds away and a more pristine hunting experience.
The crowds will be further West and wherever there is water.

Good Luck guys, I'm headed out sat night for Sunday and Monday hunting

586527fef9aca3123c5fa12861c8b2f3.jpg

My hunting partners are ready to go... I didn't have a great scouting run this past couple months but we'll see what happens. Luck of the Cleve.

Attachments

• 586527fef9aca3123c5fa12861c8b2f3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1
SurfNHuntSD said:

My hunting partners are ready to go... I didn't have a great scouting run this past couple months but we'll see what happens. Luck of the Cleve.

i think shes ready

Attachments

• 586527fef9aca3123c5fa12861c8b2f3.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1
Good luck everyone. I'm sitting out the opener on the East Coast. Back at it next week. Leave one for me!
;)

Good luck everyone. Ill be sitting right on the fence line trying to call some off a private property. I saw at least one tom strutting there last weekend. Hopefully nobodys on the private property hunting. This will be my first time calling so we will see how it goes.

I'm in oroville on a limited hunt. Got about 5 different long beards roosted so we shall see. Good luck guys.

Good luck to everyone and post your results. Looks like I'll be sitting this one for a at least two weeks. :'( hopefully I'll make it out before season is over. On the plus side I'll be doing some early deer and pig scouting this weekend. ;)

Good luck all not sure if or when I'll get out this season.. By the way the Lagunas will be packed as ways is on the opener. Also not many turkeys up there of the winged kind.

Where can u go turkey hunting in Southern California I just moved here? Need some help with locations
I don't know where any public hunting land is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum srh,
Do you have your hunter safety ed certificate, annual license and upland bird stamp? Make sure you know the regs. There are some "sticky" threads at the top of the list of threads in the newbie den that have good info. I suggest you read them thoroughly. Hunting is legal in CNF and on BLM land, with some restrictions (archery only in Laguna Rec Area, for example). You can go online to order printed maps from them, or if you have a smart phone and $30 to spare per year, download OnX map app and order the CA premium subscription. You get a free 7 day trial and pretty much everyone makes the purchase. Take time to use the search function on this site. It's very useful; pretty much any question you think of will have been asked and answered already. If you read the thread and still have a question, post it and the thread becomes active again.
Happy hunting!

Any tips on where to get access to the hunting ground in the Cleveland national forest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu