Where to buy a cow/pig

I just found out Costco has locations called Costco Business Centers. I went there yesterday just to see the difference. They have whole pig and lambs, along with large various cuts of beef. Lamb was selling for $3.99/lbs. The one thing they did have that was of interest to me was pork bellies, skinned or skin on. I use that when I make bacon. The one I went to is in Garden Grove on beach Blvd. where the old highway 39 drive in was. Not sure about other locations.

I just found out Costco has locations called Costco Business Centers. I went there yesterday just to see the difference. They have whole pig and lambs, along with large various cuts of beef. Lamb was selling for $3.99/lbs. The one thing they did have that was of interest to me was pork bellies, skinned or skin on. I use that when I make bacon. The one I went to is in Garden Grove on beach Blvd. where the old highway 39 drive in was. Not sure about other locations.

Is it open to the public/members?

5 Bar Beef (Orange County) does whole/half sides of beef. Not cheap but good quality meat.
So we finally got our side of beef from 5 Bar. You're spot on.. it's a bit more pricey but the quality is amazing. Easy process too, and the butcher they sent it to (Pomona Food Locker) was great to work with. First taste was the top round with gravy and taters/yams. Good stuff.

IMG_9934.jpg
IMG_9935.jpg

So we finally got our side of beef from 5 Bar. You're spot on.. it's a bit more pricey but the quality is amazing. Easy process too, and the butcher they sent it to (Pomona Food Locker) was great to work with. First taste was the top round with gravy and taters/yams. Good stuff.

View attachment 45976
View attachment 45977
Awesome! I buy from 5 bar too. Y’all cooked that great, how’d you do it?

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

View attachment 45976
View attachment 45977

Right on, looks good! Love that 5-bar beef. Reminds me that my freezer is getting low. Hoping I can fill some tags this season and stave off having to pony up for a side of beef. Not sure if you have young kids or nieces/nephews but they do (or did pre-covid) ranch tours which can be fun for the kiddos. My wife and I took our niece and she had a blast.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu