Where to shoot some clays in San Diego county??

nedster

Sep 9, 2020
San Diego
Sorry if this has been covered here before.... with that being said, I'm new to shooting in San Diego and was wondering if there was a popular place to take a box of clays and knock the rust off? Thank you!

BLM is closed due to fire danger. Only place is to join shooting club or pay by the hour. Project 2000 is one or you can join South Bay Rod & Gun Club for $125 per year.

Escondido Fish & Game Assoc. near Lake Wohlford has public trap shooting on Wednesday nights...With this Covid BS, it may not be open...Any members on here?

Normally P2K would be a great place but the trap shooting is closed right now. Range is open but you need to make appointments.

Sorry if this has been covered here before.... with that being said, I'm new to shooting in San Diego and was wondering if there was a popular place to take a box of clays and knock the rust off? Thank you!
P2K is a good place to shoot, is fun and is affordable.

Popular places to shoot in public land are unfortunately dumps. The amount of trash left behind is astonishing. The amount of shells, broken tvs, couches and other crap left behind is overwhelming. So much so it makes it really difficult to pick up your own shells. When my buddy and I went to shoot we filled a couple of bags with shells and it looked like we didn't pick any.

So whoever is that you might decide to go with, wherever it might be remember to pick up. Thank You.

Frankly, shooting clays on public land is messy no matter what you do. Nobody cleans up unbroken clays and broken clays are a mess. If you want to shoot, act responsibly and go to a range. I used to to think that target shooting on public land was ok, but Wildgame is correct, the humans cannot be trusted to keep the areas clean. Every shooting spot is a total abuse of our public lands. Rauhagges has a great sporting clay course (www.raahauges.com/) up in Norco, but that's a pretty good drive from SD. P2K appears to still be operating (p2krange.com) as well. Both have informative websites.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
You can check the Escondido Fish & Game website to see if they have opened up to public events. Last time I looked it was members and guests only. Covid has shut things down a bit.

Lemon Grove Rod&Gun Club google it for info

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu