wheres all the frogs?

AlexMVegas

Sep 2, 2020
I'm brand new here, currently living in twenty nine palms and I've been doing some research on frog gigging, shooting them with .22, etc.... The only issue I'm having is out of all the lakes I've been to in my area I have never seen a single frog! Just wondering if anyonoe knows a lake or pond that we can go rip some lips in and gig some frogs! I dont mind driving a few hours, just dont know where to start. Any help is much appreciated!!

Sloughs along the Colorado River. And I believe shooting them requires a hunting and fishing license. Not sure.

We do not have the amount of frogs we once had...Literally every slough, pond, golf course, lake, and river way had bull frogs...A number of years back, the great state of California decided that frogs were a non-native species and should be eradicated (no limit, no season)...There are still ponds here in San Diego Co., but they are all private...The canals around Wister W.A., Colorado River, and Yuma were also old haunts of mine...I'm sure there could be still be frogs, but I haven't heard one in a long time.

This summer..... ;)

.018.JPG021.JPG

We do not have the amount of frogs we once had...Literally every slough, pond, golf course, lake, and river way had bull frogs...A number of years back, the great state of California decided that frogs were a non-native species and should be eradicated (no limit, no season)...There are still ponds here in San Diego Co., but they are all private...The canals around Wister W.A., Colorado River, and Yuma were also old haunts of mine...I'm sure there could be still be frogs, but I haven't heard one in a long time.

This summer..... ;)

.View attachment 45765View attachment 45766
shouldn't we declare "Demoncrats" in California as a non-native species and well ya know the rest of the story....lmao

This summer..... ;)

.View attachment 45765View attachment 45766
that is so freaking awesome!! Great pictures cant wait to find a spot to finally get some!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu