Which Zones to buy?

monyako

Jun 15, 2020
I am going to buy a couple of deer tags. Of the regions that are available it looks like my best options are:

D8 or D10

And

D13 or D19

Are any of these regions that I should avoid? This is my first time buying tags, so any suggestions are welcome!

Stay away from D13..no deer there and not many roads..my 1.5 cents

Reactions: monyako
I know the forum doesn't let you search short keywords like "D8", so here's a computer nerd tip: On Google or DuckDuckGo, query "site:schoutdoors.com D8" and you'll find references to D8 on this site. Also try it with a hyphen "D-8"

I'm camping in D-8 right now. Terrain varies greatly in this unit. Bears have also know to be had around these parts. Get OnX and do your homework e-scouting.

Reactions: monyako
Okay, getting D-8 and A-zone. Thanks for the suggestions! I also used Zak's method to run some searches, and that pointed me to D-8 as well. e-scouting starts early in the process.

Historical data, but I assume the deer don't change as fast as we do.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu