Who's all ready for rifle season??

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Just got my new stock and scope mounted, and my kuiu stuff came in! gymeba6e.jpg

Now to just load up some bullets and get some practice in behind the scope!

I am I am!!!! Just got my 243 bolt back from warrantee work. Gotta get the scope mounted and get some range time as well as the 243 Simi auto dialed in again. It's all comming way to slow. Can't wait.

I just got a break installed on my savage 7 mag from baker breaks in reno nv I would recommend him, very nice old man and only charged me 141 bucks or something like that and all his breaks are hand made. I also just got a bipod so I'm pretty set and ready ....cant wait counting down the days !

I'm working on being ready. Going out to check my 2 cameras tomorrow. Took Hunter's Ed today and went to get my license and tag, but "the state is updating so we can't issue any licenses."

My wife hasn't given me the green light on deer yet. In fact she gave me the red light. I'm going to Alaska in.....28 days for a month to hunt moose with my dad. She said something about "thats enough hunting for a year dontcha think?" No. I don't think.

That's a beauty Matt! All those extra work hours must be paying off for you!
8)

Haha thanks!! I like to work my butt off during the summer time, so I cant take off time during the fall hunting season ;D

B W E said:
I'm working on being ready. Going out to check my 2 cameras tomorrow. Took Hunter's Ed today and went to get my license and tag, but "the state is updating so we can't issue any licenses."

My wife hasn't given me the green light on deer yet. In fact she gave me the red light. I'm going to Alaska in.....28 days for a month to hunt moose with my dad. She said something about "thats enough hunting for a year dontcha think?" No. I don't think.

Ouch!...........My ex-wife used to say the same thing............lol

FYI:

Darrell Holland muzzle brakes installed $235-$265 at Fine Firearms (break and installation). These are some of the absolute best brakes in the industry. The breaks alone are about $175 just for the break.

Attachments

• Holland Breaks.jpg
    Holland Breaks.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 99
Right on John.......I don't normally hunt with ear protection....Ever....Just sayin'

Really don't see the need for hunting rifles (with the exception of maybe big bores). Bolt actions need to be taken off the target anyway. Recoil on most our hunting rifles just isn't that radical.......IMO

And in the field you just don't feel the recoil due to the adrenalin! For me anyway.

Besides who needs a muzzle brake on a .260. You all shoot .260's, don't you? ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu