Wife’s cancer returns

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
Dear friends, colleagues and acquaintances,

It is with some sadness and trepidation that I write this update. I know it’s been a while and I apologize for not rejoicing more about the good that has happened over the last year. Cindy had been responding well to the new second generation medication from the clinical trial since last August. It allowed great quality of life (our back yard has never looked better) and us to visit coastal Oregon for week and do a 2.5 day fishing trip just last week.

Unfortunately, she appears to have developed resistance to this drug too. She had a scan Monday and there is a new tangerine sized tumor in her upper left lung and some growth in the other sites (pancreas and liver). We knew this would come someday and as such have been researching next steps for a while. There are at least 2 clinical trials in LA that we are looking into involving a third generation drug. Her doctor is likely going to put her back on chemotherapy in the interim.

Prayers for acceptance into one of the trials and for pain which came back in the last week. We know God is good and he has a plan and are comfortable with whatever he does. Please feel free to put this out on any and all prayer chains. We appreciate your prayers and feel them.

With the whirlwind of doctor appointments and attempts to get on new trials coupled with the our recent news, now is not a good time for calls or visits. We will update when and if visits, calls or help are welcome.

In Christ, Tom and Cindy

Tom, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and the kids. Shoot me a text and me and my wife will bring you guys dinner this week, I think you have my cel but just incase 619-250-9773

Drew

Reactions: Ahidog
Tom, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and the kids. Shoot me a text and me and my wife will bring you guys dinner this week, I think you have my cel but just incase 619-250-9773

Drew
Thank you Drew I think we’re good this week but I appreciate the offer. I will keep your number if a need arises

Reactions: TRICER
I don't know you but I will keep your family in our prayers.

I just received an email yesterday from a client/friend that after a long fight they are now cancer free. Keep the faith. Stay strong.

Praying for your wife you and your family, God is good and will be looking after you all no matter what. I know this as I just lost my closest friend and hunting partner for the last 38 years two weeks ago.

Reactions: TRICER and Ahidog
Tom,

Prayers sent to you & Cindy...She's been tough thru this whole ordeal...Give her my best....:heart:

If you need ANYTHING please give me a call.......... :blush:

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER and Ahidog
Lord Jesus,
We ask first and foremost that you would miraculously and completely heal Cindy. For you are Jehova Rapha, the God Who Heals. Secondly, that you would alleviate the pain that she is having, Also, that you would give wisdom to all involved in the many decisions to be made and divine favor in getting into the best trial. Finally, for your comfort and peace for Tom and Cindy and their family and friends. Thank you Lord for your goodness! Amen.

Cancer Sucks. One of my best friends and oldest hunting buddy went into hospice today. I will include your family in my prayers.
Sorry to hear about your friend Daryl, Hospice usually means final stages of life but I can tell you from personal experience that is not always so. Best thing I have found is to keep them close and be there when they are entering final stages. Its helps them be calm and feel loved and you and your well being once they have passed.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu