Wilderness unlimited

GDCruz

Mar 2, 2013
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with wilderness unlimited? I spoke to a salesman from them and was really interested in purchasing a membership to use for boar hunting mainly. Before I pull the trigger I just wanted to see if anyone around here had an experience on their properties.

If you live up north good properties.......the two ranches by Tejon are small and one is bow only.

If you wanted to just hunt pigs join Tejon or do a few guided hunts.......remember it's a drought year so pigs are thin

Most guys I know belong to the waterfowl/bird hunting part of the operation (just OK IMO)......I've never really liked their mode of operandi......2 cents

Mark (MJB) is right on about how many times your going to go north versus some good guided hunts........Being the total cost will be about the same.

I've looked at tejon and their prices for a guided hunt with 2 pigs would be almost the same as a year long membership with WU. From what you guys have said it seems as if it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea as long as I took advantage of their other game, and for now didn't have my hopes to high on pigs. As far as archery is concerned I'm ok with that since I have hunted with a compound before.

How about guided hunts at GSGS (Giant Sequoia Guide Service).......SCH sponsor and the boys that go there seemed to be pretty darn successful....... ;)

Tejon has several memberships 3 spring 2 fall 1 all year and a semi guided hunt for 3 days. Call the ranch ask for Jodi's email for more info. The fall & yearly memberships starts in September.......

Depending on your membership you'll get keys with 24/7 access.

I love it up there nothing like 115k acres with just a small number of yahoos....

As much as a guided hunt would be nice I like the idea of having access to different land. Plus being able to go out multiple times without having to pay again and they have a nice family/guest policy.

I guess what puts me off on tejon is having to pay for each additional pig from what I have read. I have a significant other that hunts with me and a brother. If I go through WU they get to hunt free with me which I guess is why I'm leaning towards them. Being outdoors and doing anything the sorts is a family thing where we can get away.

I'll give tejon a call and see what they say about their plans and the cost just to make sure I'm making the best choice.

Totally get where your coming from with multiple properties and do it yourself hunts.......Go for it....... 8)

I tried it for a year and i don't like it . like other forum member said if you live up north and can hunt during the week it will be beneficial for you.
If you have enough cash to do a Tejon membership,go for it . you wont be disappointed.i hunted north and south for more than ten years during the pig o rama era and i tell you there are lots of pig on the ranch..
GSGS is a good recommendation too, but you have to take a number... ???he's book till end of the year .
The one i'am using right now is a semi guided hunt in Madera. you pay $250 to get in $200 for every pig you shoot.no pig you only pay $250. room to stay and free use of the kitchen linen are included. You can also bring a none hunting guest for $40 a weekend .
It depends on your budget and time...
Good luck on what ever you choose. post lots of pictures pig or not....

Eric pecan said:
I tried it for a year and i don't like it . like other forum member said if you live up north and can hunt during the week it will be beneficial for you.
If you have enough cash to do a Tejon membership,go for it . you wont be disappointed.i hunted north and south for more than ten years during the pig o rama era and i tell you there are lots of pig on the ranch..
GSGS is a good recommendation too, but you have to take a number... ???he's book till end of the year .
The one i'am using right now is a semi guided hunt in Madera. you pay $250 to get in $200 for every pig you shoot.no pig you only pay $250. room to stay and free use of the kitchen linen are included. You can also bring a none hunting guest for $40 a weekend .
It depends on your budget and time...
Good luck on what ever you choose. post lots of pictures pig or not....

How do you get ahold of this place?

I have been part of WU ever since I could walk. Before I could hunt I would go with my father and grandfather. WU is what got me started on my passion for the outdoors. There is a abundunce of properties up north and only a handul down south. Ive hunted almost all of the properties down south ones out by Tehachapi are the deer and pig properties. I have hunted the El Centro duck, goose, and dove properties. In my opinion everything is run great and the reservation system is set up to where first come first serve and only a limited amount of people per ranch at a time to keep hunters from huinting on top of eachother. These ranches people think you can just drive and shoot like a safari. In some cases you do get lucky road hunting but walk and get off the roads and you will find game. Last year I took a 4x4 on one ranch and made reservations on another ranch on the way home and killed a 250 lb boar all in 3 days.

pendletonhunter said:
Last year I took a 4x4 on one ranch and made reservations on another ranch on the way home and killed a 250 lb boar all in 3 days.
Wow! That is a good outing!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu