Wildlife sittings?

coyotekid87

Aug 16, 2014
D11
Does anyone ever hunt the northern portion of D-11, just north of Castaic lake? If so I'm curious, when that station fire caused hell to break loose a few years back, the northern portion of Angeles was closed to hunting (north of Dry gulch/5N30). I'm not sure if it's open now, but does anyone ever venture out there? I was there recently and except for a few birds and a crap load of bees I don't see much wildlife. The big burn area's have since been flurishing with vegetation, but has anyone seen anything?
Any animals at all?

ck87,

All the years I fished Castaic, I think I could count all the deer I ever saw on 1 hand.....Most burns are normally a magnet for deer.....Worth a walkabout for sure...... ;)

ps.....Probably going to be tough getting much info up that way since most guys on this site are SoCal, SoCal guys (D16'ers)...... ;D

Station fire closures are all back open and have been i think. gsp is right the station fire was a long ways away from your area. Here is the FS website, might help. I can not keep up with all the burn names
http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/angeles/alerts-notices

I lost a lot of cameras and tree stands in the station fire. It is not back to the number of deer it was before the burn but i think that's a drought thing more than a habitat thing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu