will i die?

Its possible, remember...this is the internet....good luck.

Do you have someone to test them out on? ya know I always have my royal taster with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smokey58
It does kind of look like a Catalina Cherry. I’m not totally sure. The fruit is toxic to humans.

“Will I die?”

Two streakers asked the same question of a serpent many years ago. The rest is history....

Reactions: Minnowerks
Looks like you've found an excellent area to sit near! Find some shade.... a little downwind of that spot...with your back to the south... and game on!

PS... there's another species... where the cherries right about now start getting orange/yellowish. The choke cherries. They are mostly a great big pit in the center. But their small amount of flesh is freakin' delicious! Bears woof down massive quatities of them whole and take massive dumps filled with the pits. The deers eat'em too. Seems like they grow nearish to where water-ways pass thru.
WP_20150725_006.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
I have found the above Berry scat numerous times while quail hunting over the years in San Bernardino Mountains. I always thought they were Manzanita berries eaten by bears.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Um... pretty sure Manzanita berries will kinda look more like this... but a little "wetter" and with bits of the red skin showing in it here and there. I'll see if I have a better pic.
WP_20150725_010.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu