Wister 1/11

A-5_Guy

Nov 4, 2014
Escondido
I think I'm going to head out to Wister tonight. Probably won't make it by the sweat line cutoff, but hoping I get on or refill early.

Anyone else going out there?

Reactions: just_ducky_1
I have a reservation for 1/14. Let me know how the roads are. I only have 2wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck on your hunt today!!!!

Roads are going to be slick again on Saturday. Looks like rain, Thursday night and Friday.

I'm still out here grinding waiting for the wind to pick up.

2 GWT and a Sprig. Passed on a few flights of butterballs. If I was shooting better I'd be done

Attachments

• IMG_4199.JPG
    IMG_4199.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    872.3 KB · Views: 56
Good report from the blind! Hope the wind picks up for you, said 10 to 15 today.

You can take your head light off now...LOL :)

Omg you got a endangered Pintail, you should stop now

Reactions: A-5_Guy
I'm still out here and I haven't seen nothing since about 9/930. I thought these winds would do a little something for us. I'm hearing everyone else shooting.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm still out here and I haven't seen nothing since about 9/930. I thought these winds would do a little something for us. I'm hearing everyone else shooting.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully something flys your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed until about 1330. I lost a few drake spoons and I hate loosing birds. Hate it! So I was kinda bummed and was ready to bounce.

Road update:

Beach Rd is still in rough shape, with rain it's going to be really sloppy. It's very rutted and still holding water. There is no discernible two-track.

Scaup Rd is sloppy for about the first 100 meters, then it looks like it has a discernible two-track.

Noffsinger Rd was fine. See pic below.

I was down south, so not sure about up north.

.IMG_4216.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We're heading down sun. I heard it was going to rain more Friday down there... hopefully 4x4 will make it to the blind!

Still pretty muddy in places and cars aren't going to cut it.......If it rains again.......Just repeat what we've had.......;)

ps.......Carting is still a bitch to some of the sites.......:D

.001.JPG

We hunted a private club near the Hazard unit. Huge early flyover then on and off action until 10:45 till about 12:45 when it was pretty darn good but most out of reach. When the wind picked up a bit later it was good here and there pickins. HUGE flocks of teal coming off the sea then but out of reach many flocks in the hundreds. Like you said should have limited but only got 6. Really bad shooting for some in blind of three. Dogg did a great job though.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu