Wister after Rain

Oct 11, 2014
A heads up to any noobs, do not hunt Wister eight now unless you have 4wd and are willing to deal with lots of mud. It was a total mess yesterday after the rain, and there really wasn't a lot flying. Not sure how anyone else did, but just wanted to give a "heads up". A few guys were stuck. A tundra reversing down the main road with two guys in the bed was pretty funny.

Only thing worse than the mud yesterday was the shooting (you had to go into the pond about every 20 yds to get it off your boots).......#2 pick and I bet we didn't see 10 ducks all morning (got 2 of 4 opps)....Friends with the #11 pick said the same thing.....This Saturday will be even worse. There was about 2" of mud over the dry dirt. The rain that hit there last night will make that about 6" of mud.....Undriveable!

Shot a friends duck club on the way home. Not to bad for spoons & teal.....Just got out of the club, when the sideways rain hit. It was like "Mr. Toads Wild Ride" driving home across the desert..... :-\

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 34
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    920.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    862.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    769.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    607.4 KB · Views: 33
The entire valley can suck when it rains..........It's the same mud all the way into Baja

I was going to hunt the last day in MX for pheasants but not now

I plan on taking my travel trailer to good ol spooney bay by Redhill this weekend, anyone drive Garst road yesterday? im thinking it may not be a good idea. also sounds like Steve didn't shoot much, if Steve cant find em no one can.

Jim,

Garst was like a Slid & Slide (looked at Hazard).......I'd call someone down there 1st....... ;)

10-fer, I could always slap the mud motor on my boat and float down Garst.lol

Made it in and out without any issues in my rear wheel drive explorer. Not as heavy as a full size truck. Had #77 and found some ducks, but it was no easy task with the lack of birds flying. Sweet talked all in, except for the two spoons that were jump shot, within 25 yards.
1efaacb64ebd2b38fa126ad92185dd44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu