Wister campground closure!!

What campground did you drive through, the temporary one? Never seen 50 trailers in there. The permanent campground is all spaced out within marked boundaries by site #. There are usually never more that 1 in 4 trailers occupied. This has nothing to do with public safety.
Geuss i should of took a picture.

Hunting was good today, where was everyone in the campground last night? It was kinda creepy being my myself.

for those who hunted today, can we still sleep in our cars in the check station lot/was it enforced?

Every year for New Year, we camp at the State Park in Morro Bay. On Sat. we got an email telling us that CA recognizes the many health benefits of enjoying the outdoors. The next line of the email informed us that our reservations were canceled.

Go figure.

There is a sign saying no camping in the check station lot. Not sure what that means exactly but it is posted.

You can be in the campground during the day but not at night when you are mostly separated anyway because your in your trailer sleeping. Even if your around the campfire, you can stay 6 feet apart. Dumb.

Reactions: longduck and skeet
This should clarify some questions.

Hi Matt,

This is a challenging and evolving issue. As of now the Department has issued this statement;

“This property is CLOSED to camping. Individuals may not reside in any manner on this properties between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m.

Consistent with the Governor’s Regional Stay Home Order updated December 6, 2020, ALL camping activities on Fish and Wildlife lands are suspended once a Region, as defined in the Order, reaches the 15% ICU bed capacity as directed in the Order. Camping will remain suspended for a minimum of three weeks.”

Here are my answers to your questions;

Do we have to vacate the campground? If yes, by when?

As of now no, they do not have to vacate unless I’m given that direction from higher above.

If we don’t have to vacate, can we leave our trailers until further notice & access them for our hunting supplies?

Yes

Will the non-reservation drawing cut-off time still be 10:30pm or is that being moved up to 9:00pm?

Sweat line cut offs are at 10 but we will also include morning walk ons at 3am.

Will the campground restrooms be open for use?

Yes

Hope this helps and thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time.

I was told by wister staff on tuesday that if it becomes a problem, people not following directions , that they will close the refuge to solve the problem.

I was told by wister staff on tuesday that if it becomes a problem, people not following directions , that they will close the refuge to solve the problem.
That would solve it.

Be smart guys. Don't blow it. Let's just call these the Retro Days. Going back to sleeping in our trucks when we didn't have the option of season long camping. Plenty of places to park, have a campfire, & sleep within 10 miles of the checkstation.

That would solve it.

Be smart guys. Don't blow it. Let's just call these the Retro Days. Going back to sleeping in our trucks when we didn't have the option of season long camping. Plenty of places to park, have a campfire, & sleep within 10 miles of the checkstation.
Slab city here I come :cool:

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Hammer came down at wister. 24hours notice to remove trailers. Bummer.
Now how the hell is that suppose to work...everyone does not camp there everyday like a normal campground...there are people that are out of state.....its a stupid blanket order with no consideration to the type of campground this is.....State morons at the very top

Now how the hell is that suppose to work...everyone does not camp there everyday like a normal campground...there are people that are out of state.....its a stupid blanket order with no consideration to the type of campground this is.....State morons at the very top

I believe we agree that this is rediculous , make no mistake Sacramento would love to shut the refuges down , they're probably wieghing the backlash. We have approximately 8 weeks left , I'd be surprised if they allow the junior hunts this season.

You need to close your trap. False statements like this are what causes concerns by those who don't see things first hand yet who make the rules.
Really, close my trap?thats not going to happen.
When your father dies of corona virus complications. Then come talk to me.
I tell it how it is and nobody likes the truth. This was not a false statement.
Iseen not ony wister but other campgrounds with ppl partying like nothings wrong.
Were in a pandemic ppl. Stop ignoring it ir more ppl die.
I SAY SHUT ALL CAMPSITES DOWN!!! THATS MY OPINION.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dislike
Reactions: just_ducky_1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu