Wister campground closure!!

MOUTHCALLINMATT

Sep 15, 2019
Just got this.

Hello all,

We have received formal direction from Sacramento that we are to not allow camping at any of our wildlife areas that include Wister and San Jacinto. This is a direction from the the Governor’s office through our Directors Office and NOT of our regional management. We do not have a timeline for this closure but will certainly let you all know if and when it gets lifted. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly apricated, thank you.

Scott Sewell

Senior Fish Wildlife Habitat Supervisor

Department of Fish and Wildlife

WLM, R-6/IDR, Staffed Lands

SJWA (951)928-0580

IWA (760)359-0577

[email protected]

Matty,

I hope you don't get bashed like me for posting this on SoCal waterfowler....lol

ps...It was only a matter of time...I'm surprised Newsom hasn't closed down hunting on state run hunting areas as well.

Any further elaboration or was this the extent of the letter/email?

Jon,

That was pretty much it....Nothing was said or a date given (like NoCal) about moving trailers out....Wister staff would not enforce this closure....It would from Region 6 law enforcement.

Not sure why you got bashed Steve. We're just forwarding info so guys can be informed. Its all the social media public comments my many speculating if this would happen, that probably didn't need to be said.

Wister staff will be educators of this action. It will be up to DFG LED, CHP, or the county Sheriff to enforce. No one is to be in the campground, or in a vehicle in the campground.

Sounds like a game of chicken.

Not sure why you got bashed Steve. We're just forwarding info so guys can be informed. Its all the social media public comments my many speculating if this would happen, that probably didn't need to be said.

Wister staff will be educators of this action. It will be up to DFG LED, CHP, or the county Sheriff to enforce. No one is to be in the campground, or in a vehicle in the campground.

Sounds like a game of chicken.

Yep....Let's shoot the messenger......lol

• Haha
Reactions: TeamRoper
there will be no bashing on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude if they close wooster i bet i could sell day hunts at the country club for 1k a day. pm me to get in line

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu