Wister Sunday

Sep 7, 2014
San Diego
Went up to Wister Saturday night to stay the night cause I didn't feel like leaving at midnight to get in line by 3 at the check station. Hunted a couple spots through today, got skunked in both spots. I saw alot more birds then I've seen this season but none were digging what I had on the plate. Just like I figured, it's a completely different waterfowl world here in SOCAL. But after today I am definitely gonna try to get over there a couple more times before the season ends. Alot of helpful people up there and I'm thankful for those guys that took a couple minutes out of there morning to give me some pointers and steer me the right way. Already looking forward to get this getting the rest of this rust knocked and getting to next season.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm glad you saw a few birds. It was pretty dead on Saturday. The fly off was weak and there wasn't really a whole heck of a lot flying. A lot of guys were cussing all morning stuck in the mud, haha...that sucks

Anyways, busting the rust off is better than letting it build.

Semper Fi

md87,

Glad your experience at Wister was a good one......Despite what you here about many of the waterfowlers at Wister. There's a good bunch of guys out there that are more than willing to help out a person who's new to the area...... 8)

Saturday I hunted good ol spooney bay, I sat outside the colonel's blind and shot a lot. primary bird was spooney, I let them pass and concentrated on the teal didn't hear much from Wister after 6:45am. its been years since I have seen the area so dead. couple guys pounded the shallows in waders and got limits.

Big Jim said:
Saturday I hunted good ol spooney bay, I sat outside the colonel's blind and shot a lot. primary bird was spooney, I let them pass and concentrated on the teal didn't hear much from Wister after 6:45am. its been years since I have seen the area so dead. couple guys pounded the shallows in waders and got limits.
Yeah we stopped by there on the way back home. Walked a few areas, wasn't too bad. Definitely better if in a boat there. I think I might try my luck there before the season ends.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu