Wister's T Unit update

Snowgun

Aug 22, 2018
FYI
If you are going to the T units
this goes for all sites now! you can only access T10-3 T12 3-4 AND T14 3-4 from the Nofsinger parking lots, the bridge that crossed over the Canal on Beale has been washed away, there is no other options at this time

RF

Last edited:
Thanks, Rick.....Everyone is just going to have to walk a little farther.....Beats the heck out of not open at all.

Drew,

Wister is always good on the opener.

Thanks, Rick.....Everyone is just going to have to walk a little farther.....Beats the heck out of not open at all.

Drew,

Wister is always good on the opener.
Steve I don’t hunt until Wednesday down there. Have you noticed an influx of birds migrating in yet seems like there are a lot in central Cal haven’t heard many good reports From So Cal and AZ.

Reactions: Hunter_r925
There's a ton of birds at Wister and surrounding area.....Cold weather up north has pushed a lot of birds that accompany the early migraters (cinnamons, pintail, gw's, & local mallards).

Scouted San J today.....Good amount of birds, especially on the freshly flooded duck clubs surrounding the wildlife area.....It will all change when the bell (siren) goes off.....lol

Reactions: Snowgun and TRICER
Rick, Will there be signs at the south ends of the levees for those spots so we will know we are walking up the correct dike?

Reactions: Hunter_r925
Nimrod
everything is marked on the Nofsinger side (south side of T's)
Truduct, there is a lot of birds here as always and they are still coming down, every species including several Widgeon that usually are not here yet. will be the best in the state again if you can get on!

Good luck

Reactions: TRICER
Is #1 a good reservation number? My 10 year old just got drawn #1 for wister on Halloween. I swear this kid always gets drawn he got 7 draws last year. Great thing is his luck is my luck.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu