Womens hunting boots

Macsteve

Jun 23, 2016
My girl wants to come along on scouting trips and learn to bow hunt alongside me next year. And the whole snake debacle has me paranoid. Snake gaiters don't fit her because they don't adjust small enough from what I've seen.

Will something like these serve as decent hunting boots even in the forests desert areas we have? Ventilation etc.. Will they protect from snakes?
http://www.cabelas.com/product/unde...=/category/Womens-Hunting-Boots/104392980.uts

I'd get her something with laces. Muck boots in my opinion will not cut hiking all day. My wife wears the house brand lace up side zip snake boots from bass pro. La cross also makes a nice women's lace up snake boot.

Don't buy anything that she hasn't tried on, and try them on with the type of socks she'll be wearing. I had one hell of a time finding a pair of boots for my Daughter. Finding anything Hunting clothes wise for females is a pain in the rear.

Reactions: Macsteve
If it doesn't say snake proof it's not.

Go to REI and try on a few boots or order a pair online then go try them there, if they don't fit or you don't like them they take them back and order another. They also come with a 1 year return for full refund

I'd get her something with laces. Muck boots in my opinion will not cut hiking all day. My wife wears the house brand lace up side zip snake boots from bass pro. La cross also makes a nice women's lace up snake boot.

Bought my daughter the BPS snake boot.....So far, so good.....;)

.085.JPG

before you get her a bow make sure she knows the rules. My wife has her license and a D16 tag btw. hardest thing I deal with is no talking.

hhahahahaha that video is hilarious. Fortunately, she's from Colorado. none of this California crap! She's been around hunting/hunters and I've already had the "if you want to be a part of this you have to x x x x x x x " talk

Edit: Showed her the video and she said "if you think thats what it will be like hunting with me you can just go alone..."

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu