Work in Progress Kayak Trolling Motor

Nice, Lee....That should get you around a little better.
Thanks Steve, I like to stack the odds in my favor, this way I can concentrate on fishing. watch out fishes coming for you. this size and type of kayak is border line for the ocean, but I am adding outriggers(stabilizers) to help keep it from tipping after a few trial runs at Morena lake and may be hit up el cap, and san Vicente, start working up to the bay and la jolla. well that's the plan.
edit: I have a friend who works with marine (two part) 2lb low density marine foam, drill a couple of hole front (bow) and aft (stern) pour foam in it and reseal the holes, make it sea worthy like the big boats.

Reactions: sportyg
Thanks Steve, I like to stack the odds in my favor, this way I can concentrate on fishing. watch out fishes coming for you. this size and type of kayak is border line for the ocean, but I am adding outriggers(stabilizers) to help keep it from tipping after a few trial runs at Morena lake and may be hit up el cap, and san Vicente, start working up to the bay and la jolla. well that's the plan.
edit: I have a friend who works with marine (two part) 2lb low density marine foam, drill a couple of hole front (bow) and aft (stern) pour foam in it and reseal the holes, make it sea worthy like the big boats.

Think Sutherland too....No boats allowed on Fridays....So the 'yakkers and tubers have the lake to themselves....Good bassin' too.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Let me know when you're ready to head out. I bought a used Hobie Outback a few months ago. I've been out in Mission and San Diego Bays but keeping close to land so far.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu