Worst Turkey opener EVER! bad luck all around

GOFAST

Feb 25, 2014
well we started off scouting the last couple months found some nice spots but at the same time have a pig tag as well...just in case the opportunity presents itself. we go to out spot in CNF friday night. Me and my buddy. More experienced than I, and sent up our tent and blind but leave our blind about 70ft away next to where we will hunt. As the sun went down we saw this dodge pull up far on the ridge and we were looking at each other through binos. They were pointing, talking loud and didnt look happy. we didnt think much of it. Went to bed and woke up about 430. walked over to where our blind was aaaand... its gone!!! we thought maybe it blew away. but it was strapped down. then we found a hand radio on the ground still on. dead give away...THIEVES!!!!! we tryed calling them on the radio they dropped but nothing. so discouraged and frustrated we packed up and hiked out... and it gets soooo much better..(got salt rubbed in the wound) a game warden waiting for us at our truck. We comply with him and are very respectful. he asks if he can look in our packs, I said of course... and what does he find a 00 buck in my pack, from going scouting around weeks ago. Protection/ pig opportunity round I forgot I had in my bag. The warden was a nice guy, told him about the blind getting stolen, but wrote me a damn ticket... I had #6 chambered thats it. I have read the regs in and out and am a 100% ethical hunter. just a DUMB mistake to leave round in there. Although I had my pig tag on me, so we will see what the court has to say. I handed over my little pack with my licenses. hunting, fishing, pig tag, upland game, mexican fish license... get home all thats in my license pack is my upland and hunting license. now have to get replacements for all others. WORST DAY EVER!!!!!! Heard gobbles all morning... but ruined by hunters everywhere walking right in front of us, talking loud. All in all a few good lessons learned. keep all possessions close, repack bag before going out and its worth hiking 5 miles out to get away from all the A holes. We are good guys and don't know what we did to have such a bad day but For the DIRT BAGS that took our blind... CARMA is a mean bi***!!! Scary that these guys had the balls to come that close to us and steal. Just think these dirt bags are the same guys runnin around the forest with you, with guns...

Well, that's rotten luck. You guys let us know if it's the same a$$holes?

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu