WTF do I do with these?

Old school action with a modern 338 RPM?

I really like the 338/06 idea as well.

If you are going to open up to mag bolt face, I would look at a 375 h&h. It goes hand and hand with a Mauser and wood stock

Reactions: NBK
Ok boys and girls... dropped the Interarms action off at the gunsmith... 35 Whelen it is. Medium sporter barrel, square the bolt face, lap the lugs and crown. These guys loved me for saying Wehlen and Mauser in the same sentence. Nobody does polished hot bluing anymore... anyone have a recommendation?

Gonna open up the Dumoulin for a magnum... Ed F

Last edited:
Ok boys and girls... dropped the Interarms action off at the gunsmith... 35 Whelen it is. Medium sporter barrel. These guys loved me for saying Wehlen and Mauser in the same sentence. Nobody does polished hot bluing anymore... anyone have a recommendation?

You running fixed or mechanical bullets?

Ok boys and girls... dropped the Interarms action off at the gunsmith... 35 Whelen it is. Medium sporter barrel. These guys loved me for saying Wehlen and Mauser in the same sentence. Nobody does polished hot bluing anymore... anyone have a recommendation?

If you can find someone who does hot bluing , I could use the number or location. Not going to be in Ca. though.

Barrel and action are done... barrel if off to the bluing shop. Ordering a Richards microfit exhibition grade classic walnut stock with a 90 degree ebony forend and grip cap. Now I just need to decide on California Claro, American Black or English walnut. Ed F20230714_154024.jpg

Douglas was the only 35 chromoly they could find. I know back in the day they were one of the best... don't know what their status is today. Ed F

Reactions: Ofdscooby
Douglas was the only 35 chromoly they could find. I know back in the day they were one of the best... don't know what their status is today. Ed F

Douglas air gauge is still a very good barrel by today's standards. It sure sounds like it is shaping up to be a beautiful rifle.

Ed, please keep us in the loop as it comes along.

Reactions: sportyg
Eddie ...let's stick with the Martin Warthog... flipper rest off the riser..No sights . And fingers...with a tabb...maybe.. if time permits...or maybe a black widow recurve?

Before you give me sh!t... I'm not gonna start rifle hunting. I've been a custom mauser 98 rifle buff since I was a kid and used to go to gun shows, hand a guy some cash and he would give you a rifle.

I have these two never used mauser actions. One is a Dumoulin 98 and the other is an Interarms Mark X. I connected with a good gunsmith here and am gonna put barrels on these two. I'll get a beautiful 98% inletted wood stock and do the inletting, bedding and finish work myself. I've done it on a few guns before.

My question for you gun geeks is what caliber and brand barrel? Both action are long and have a standard bolt face. I have a .243, 257 Roberts, 25/06, 6.5 Creedmore, 270 win, .308, 30/06 and want something different. I could have the bolt face opened up for a magnum.

These stupid caliber threads go over 100 posts... I expect 200... GO... Ed FView attachment 58502

IMG_7099.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently you haven’t read about Ed shooting rifles he is way better off with his bow in hand

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu