Wyoming cow elk hunt

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
Had a great hunt in Western Wyoming. Day 1 was cold, windy and so much fog we couldn't see 50 yards. Day two started the same way, so we called an audible and drove to the other side of the range. Ended up finding a herd below the fog and snow line. It was pretty awesome as they spikes were bugling and the cows were calling like crazy, pretty rare for mid November! Dropped a nice cow! 2 mile pack back to the truck took us 4.5 hours! Hiking over tons of dead fall in the dark with 180 lbs between me and my
Brother... and I had left my pack in the truck so had mine hanging off my hydration pack! Day three we processed and loaded 102 lbs of elk into my RTIC 110!
3ecb5ed3104e4d2089c8098038d1d831.jpg

5e4c493c330d443b1b1edd338e208255.jpg

5b860cb1f39df97472a4d6d7465b28bb.jpg

4ae3284bda792a88bacd1f5d3e643dca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and for the record, the 168 grain Barnes TTSX performed beautifully at 300 yards. Shot through the front shoulder and it destroyed the back shoulder. She only went about 25' before laying down and expiring (head shot sealed her fate when I walked up.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
Love the head shots...nice job dude..I love Wyoming.

Reactions: Ocurtis
Congrats! Sounds like a good time and makes me looking forward to chasing cows in 15 days!

I also really like the rainbow in your photo, nice touch.

Reactions: Ocurtis

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu