Wyoming Muley 2021

torresmick

Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, CA
Hello all. I am excited to share with you that in about a month's time, God-willing, I will hopefully be glassing up the local Mule deer in the Laramie Mtns of Wyoming. This will be my first ever true out of state hunt in which no pre scouting, no physical presence of myself ever stepping foot in WY. This passed June/July, ( I can't remember) I successfully drew a non resident, Region J Rifle Hunt not knowing the limitations that region has. Its mostly Private with checkerboard public, some national forest and some awesome Walk-in/Hunt Management Areas that I've educated myself on.

I have high hopes for this hunt. I will be traveling/hunting by myself, utilizing the info I've soaked up from this forum as well as my Youtube idols. I feel I'm quite prepared physically and my equipment is up to par, though I know to not to underestimate the mountain or Mother Nature herself.

If you have experience/advice in this region or Wyoming in general I'd love to read about it. Feel free to share/post whatever related in this thread and I intend to update this as I go up north in a month's time.

-Miguel

Miguel,

All the best on this dream hunt...Using your OnX Maps can give you a lot of scouting short cuts to public and areas that will be hard to see at ground level...Looking forward to your hunt unfolding...Again, good luck.

Sounds like quite an adventure about to unfold. Congrats on the draw and good luck!

Congrats on the draw! And good on you for going for it solo
I just finished up an az archery elk hunt in which I’d planned on going solo but my father in law tagged along it was a great hunt!
I know next to nothing on Wyoming but best of luck to you!
Best advice I got is find fresh sign, find the does and hope to turn up a buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: torresmick
I've done hours of e-scouting, familiarizing with reg's, spoke to locals, got informed on Hunt Management Areas/Walk-in areas. Man I wish we had programs like those down here.

A pattern I've noticed is that the deer up north tend to be continuing on their migration. where, I haven't the clue. But taking that into consideration when I should and shouldn't be glassing.

I appreciate the well wishes. I'll need them for sure.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu