X10

BudMiyamoto

Aug 8, 2018
I drew an x10 tag this season I been doing a lot of escouting on onX and Google earth. Anyone willing to give me any pointers or advice on that unit would be greatly appreciated.

I drew an x10 tag this season I been doing a lot of escouting on onX and Google earth. Anyone willing to give me any pointers or advice on that unit would be greatly appreciated.

I've never deer hunted this zone, but I used to hunt mountain quail there...The only place I saw deer were off of Canebrake Rd. somewhere towards Chimney Peak...Big country, but once you get on top, it's pretty bitchin'...You can drive for miles...Good luck........:blush:

ps...It's been a long time since being there, but near water, I found good arrowheads...Same place, I saw deer........ ;)

Reactions: BudMiyamoto
X10 is a tough zone to deer hunt, very low deer density. Another factor that makes it tougher than some is the extreme amount of fishing pressure and off-roading pressure. I know 3 guys that hunted it last year (individually) and they saw 1 nice buck while scouting in July and then nothing during the season. These guys aren't road-hunters either. In the age of "influencers", even non-consumptive users are having a more significant impact on the landscape/wildlife. Good luck to you and hopefully you score nice one.

These pics and story were posted on Rokslide in June 2020.
“Found this 4X3 in X10. Definitely a hard hunt. It's been pretty hot and dry the past two years on opening weekend, with a lot of guys car camping and staying within a short distance of their camps. if you can pack in it might be better; thats how I found this deer.“
IMG_0109.jpeg
IMG_0110.jpeg

These pics and story were posted on Rokslide in June 2020.
“Found this 4X3 in X10. Definitely a hard hunt. It's been pretty hot and dry the past two years on opening weekend, with a lot of guys car camping and staying within a short distance of their camps. if you can pack in it might be better; thats how I found this deer.“
View attachment 62275
View attachment 62274
Nice thank you. Yeah planning on packing I. Like 7-9 miles so hopefully we can find something nice

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu