X9A

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
So I haven’t been on the forum in a while. But me and my brother in law drew X9a this year. We went up scouting and didn’t see much for bucks, biggest buck we saw was a 19” 4x4. I was wondering if anyone hunted the zone last year and what quality bucks they saw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading your previous posts and getting an idea of the way you hunt, you will find much larger bucks than that in X9A.

Shoot me a PM if you need any new intel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TaftHunter
Summer isn't going to show you many bucks bigger than that 19 incher...Think high, unless you get some big weather before Oct. 8th.....Horton, Mt. Tom, and Magee are all good places to start.

ps....Do remember 4 bucks running together right off of 395 just below Tom's Place on the opener....I got the 21" 3x3....The 25" 4x4 was taken by another friend....That same year (1982), tremendous snows hit and big bucks were had by many.

Summer isn't going to show you many bucks bigger than that 19 incher...Think high, unless you get some big weather before Oct. 8th.....Horton, Mt. Tom, and Magee are all good places to start.

ps....Do remember 4 bucks running together right off of 395 just below Tom's Place on the opener....I got the 21" 3x3....The 25" 4x4 was taken by another friend....That same year (1982), tremendous snows hit and big bucks were had by many.

Awesome thanks for the info! We’re going to hunt hard. Hopefully turn up some good bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Taft shoot me a text when you get a chance and we can talk x9a

Sdbirds hunted it last season.
I was on that hunt and we regretted not going after some bucks. There was that "winter kill" I cant imagine that having a huge affect on the population. A 4x4 would have been a good buck on that hunt. There are a ton of road hunters in X9a and I cant blame them the deer are all over the place you don't need to put in a ton of effort to get a small buck which surprisingly a lot of guys just shot forky's. I cant wait to draw that tag in 2021, the spot I am going to hunt is about 4 miles back away from the roads and so beautiful. great country congrats on a fun tag.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu