X9B

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
Has anyone here hunted X9B? I know that it is some rugged terrain but it looks like an area that could produce and provide the opportunity for a nice buck. Thoughts?

I lived in Bishop and hunted the Coyote Flats & Big Pine Cyn. areas of X-9B...... Big country for sure.....With that said, I like X-9A way better.....And in fact, I like X-12 better as well......2 cents

I might add, when I hunted these areas there was none of this zone stuff..... :-[

I think I'm going to with X12 this year. I only have 3 points and this will more than likely be my last hunting season in California.

I just applied for a tag in this area. My uncle went on his first hunt (solo) for a buck last season and was successful. He said the hardest part was lugging the deer out of the area as it is rough terrain and requires a large amount of hiking. I am hoping both him and I are successful with the draw this year in that area.

I have max points on all of game animal in Ca. if not drawn for G3 , i will burn all of my deer points on one of the X zone next year....
I'am getting old.. :'( :'(

Eric pecan said:
I have max points on all of game animal in Ca. if not drawn for G3 , i will burn all of my deer points on one of the X zone next year....
I'am getting old.. :'( :'(
Eric,

Hope you get that G-3 draw......Unfortunately, I have a number of friends that are getting up in age with the same dilemma...... :(

This is killing me, I have enough points to draw any of the Archery Hunts, except the Bass Lake one. I really want to go into the A 16 or 17 (X9A or B), but maybe I will just take a weekend or two and go up there and scout this year to see if that is what I really want to do. I will probably just do my normal A-22 and AO tag so I don't have to think about anything and just get it done.

Andy,

Go for that archery tag in A-16 (X9-A).......I know quite a few folks up there....... ;)

Plus, you'd have a place to stay....... ;D

ilovesprig said:
Andy,

Go for that archery tag in A-16 (X9-A).......I know quite a few folks up there....... ;)

Plus, you'd have a place to stay....... ;D
X2 Andy. We should be up there this year as well.... well fingers crossed.

Let me know if you get it. I can help.

Well I wussed and took the Point. Well put in for G3, and A22 as my Second Choice. I might tag up and go in on a Party hunt for X9A next year and then use Deb's Points for us to get Dueling A17's. Oh hell, who knows that is a long ways away

I'll post up how A16 goes this yr, and Eric don't give up on that G3 .

Sent from my Torque

Jus drew it myself. Looking to go solo 3-5 days. Any info for best trailhead?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu