Yeti coolers breaks from NRA?

Who would have thought the best way to divide a nation would be to force them to choose between keeping their beer cold or their right own a gun.
Most people aren't educated and follow what they're told to follow. I'll bet most people commenting on this will never buy a Yeti cooler. I wouldn't based on the prices, not some dumb, so called "controversy." I haven't seen the "news" in over a year. Have no idea what morons watch on tv. I buy houses & stocks with my money, not over-rated coolers. Sad sheep flock. Wolves circle.

Pelican is donating to the nra for each purchase... I have one of their big coolers and they are bad ass.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Interesting article.. something hasn't made sense to me in this whole thing. Yeti has built and sustained its popularity on appealing to hunters and outdoorsmen (2A folks), so for them to alienate their base is an odd way to go.

I'm on both sides. Support the NRA and YETI. Both are great for their reasons. This recent event is just sad that someone like the NRA is stooping low to crying over not getting their way. Business is business. The fact they keep giving up little things here in Commiefornie little by little, soon there won't be anything left. What happened to the NRA? IMO we need a change in leadership.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goyaałé
I think what everyone is failing to realize is that the NRA & Yeti are businesses.... They both sell something... I believe the NRA picks and chooses its battles on gun rights... is the NRA giving discounts to Yeti owners?? No they are not. I believe the NRA was great at one point, but It has become multi million dollar business. If you think for one minute your rights come before their bottom line. You are sadly mistaken.... Just my two cents..

I'm on both sides. Support the NRA and YETI. Both are great for their reasons. This recent event is just sad that someone like the NRA is stooping low to crying over not getting their way. Business is business. The fact they keep giving up little things here in Commiefornie little by little, soon there won't be anything left. What happened to the NRA? IMO we need a change in leadership.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
Yes sir. You are absolutely correct.

I think what everyone is failing to realize is that the NRA & Yeti are businesses.... They both sell something... I believe the NRA picks and chooses its battles on gun rights... is the NRA giving discounts to Yeti owners?? No they are not. I believe the NRA was great at one point, but It has become multi million dollar business. If you think for one minute your rights come before their bottom line. You are sadly mistaken.... Just my two cents..

Just a few questions:

Of course they pick and choose their battles, how would you recommend going about it? Fight all battles all the time or concentrate your efforts to maximize your chance of victory?

How would the NRA give Yeti owners discounts??? Is Yeti an organization I can pay to belong to? When do they hold membership meetings?

Yes the NRA is a multi-million dollar non profit I wish it was multi billion dollar one, hopefully it will be and hopefully soon. How many of our 2A rights would we have left if they were only a multi-thousand dollar organization lol? You do realize how Washington works right?

I think the leadership is fine. We will continue to lose things in this state when people side with companies like Yeti even though they clearly tried to distance themselves from the NRA and the 2A fight. They just got called on it and are now in damage control mode. There is really nothing more to it than that. You need to remember the original founders of the company are no longer running the show. If you don't care that they are trying to distance themselves from the NRA and 2A fight and then tried to skirt around that when they were called on it then cool, but don't make excuses for them on why they did it. They did, it is done, now pick a side. Pretty simple to me. Unless new info comes out to the contrary it is what it is.

Some interesting info below:

Evolving story, if this is true then the nra is in the clear and yeti is not

On Tuesday, Hammer emailed Breitbart News a response to the Yeti statement. The statement said:.

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Just a few questions:

Of course they pick and choose their battles, how would you recommend going about it? Fight all battles all the time or concentrate your efforts to maximize your chance of victory?

How would the NRA give Yeti owners discounts??? Is Yeti an organization I can pay to belong to? When do they hold membership meetings?

Yes the NRA is a multi-million dollar non profit I wish it was multi billion dollar one, hopefully it will be and hopefully soon. How many of our 2A rights would we have left if they were only a multi-thousand dollar organization lol? You do realize how Washington works right?

I think the leadership is fine. We will continue to lose things in this state when people side with companies like Yeti even though they clearly tried to distance themselves from the NRA and the 2A fight. They just got called on it and are now in damage control mode. There is really nothing more to it than that. You need to remember the original founders of the company are no longer running the show. If you don't care that they are trying to distance themselves from the NRA and 2A fight and then tried to skirt around that when they were called on it then cool, but don't make excuses for them on why they did it. They did, it is done, now pick a side. Pretty simple to me. Unless new info comes out to the contrary it is what it is.

Just a few questions:

Ok. What I'm saying is this. You are either are about or not. There is no room for half ass or picking and choosing. Picking and choosing is what got us here... It's like picking and choosing ones freedom of speech. You do realize how the govt. works right?

Just a few questions:

Well said

Just for the record, the NRA is not a business. It is a non-profit organization. Yeti needs the NRA, the NRA does not need Yeti.

Yeti has become a poorly run organization that has relied on its past success far too long instead of innovating itself into new markets. It's IPO failed and now it claws at it's own industry to stay afloat. This will only last so long. There are many products for half the price with the same performance to choose from.

While the NRA is not perfect, it flexes the most horsepower to keep our 2nd amendment. Something that should be understood...

I do not own any Yeti products. They are overpriced and over marketed.

Just saying -

Just for the record, the NRA is not a business. It is a non-profit organization. Yeti needs the NRA, the NRA does not need Yeti.

Yeti has become a poorly run organization that has relied on its past success far too long instead of innovating itself into new markets. It's IPO failed and now it claws at it's own industry to stay afloat. This will only last so long. There are many products for half the price with the same performance to choose from.

While the NRA is not perfect, it flexes the most horsepower to keep our 2nd amendment. Something that should be understood...

I do not own any Yeti products. They are overpriced and over marketed.

Just saying -

Thank you, John......Voice of reason.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/n...rre-receive-draft-deferment-nervous-disorder/

The NRA used to be a respectable organization. I paid dues for over 18 years. La Pierre is a nutjob who backed out of Vietnam service due to a "Nervous Disorder."
I no longer back the nut job in charge. They are no longer teaching kids how to handle guns. They just back every nutjob idea about gun ownership. I own more guns than most people but no longer back this idiot. I hope to re-join in the future. (after he is gone.)

Reactions: Goyaałé
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/n...rre-receive-draft-deferment-nervous-disorder/

The NRA used to be a respectable organization. I paid dues for over 18 years. La Pierre is a nutjob who backed out of Vietnam service due to a "Nervous Disorder."
I no longer back the nut job in charge. They are no longer teaching kids how to handle guns. They just back every nutjob idea about gun ownership. I own more guns than most people but no longer back this idiot. I hope to re-join in the future. (after he is gone.)

Seriously?!? http://youth.nra.org/

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu