You Guys Are Awesome

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Feb 6, 2015
Jamul
This was my first ever bird hunt! thanks Jolene for sharing your passion with me as it has become on of mine!

Thanks to all of you guys and this forum resource I was able to put the smack on the birds this morning!!!! Jolene and I woke up at 2 A.M. out the door by 2:30..... got to the spot about 5:15 to meet up with a family friend who wanted to help show me the ropes.... even though I had Jolene with me, the young women that showed me there is more to hunting then big game....... we shot our limits by 8 A.M. and had the birds cleaned by 9:30 next thing you know we were home truck was unpacked and birds were cleaned by 12:30 then showers and a nap followed shortly after!!!!! total count for both of us was 18 white wing, 12 morning dove and one euro.

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
A couple more from today!!!! we will be out there all weekend

Birds are soaking in salt water and waiting to be stuffed in a jalapeño with cream cheese wrapped in bacon :)

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 29
What a couple........ ;)

Jon,

Glad SCH & NWTF meetings had a little help in what appears to be a great morning for you both....... 8)

after a five hour brine soak the breasts are getting paired with jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and are being wrapped in bacon to comfortably sit in the oven at 375 :mad: !!!!!!!!!
the other half will get soaked in teriyaki over night then wrapped in bacon for tomorrows dinner

this weekend after hunting i am going to try dove breast stroganoff 8)

after pics will fallow

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu