Young Meat down

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
Went out this morning, for the first time this season, ready to camp out for a couple days with the wind, poor little guy showed himself at 87 yds at 6:55am. I knew I was gonna shoot the first legal buck I saw, having only today and tomorrow to hunt this D16 season.

Called a warden to validate, but wasn’t working yet, tracked down 2 Sheriffs to validate and the one with stripes told me he wouldn’t do it (I explained his duty for a moment but got nowhere) said go to the station, 3rd try got it done at forest service ranger station and they were happy to do it.

He was on the ground at 7 am and in the freezer by noon.
Looking for a doe to fill my A22
and I’ll be set with some good eats for a while.

Good Luck everyone!!!!5E4EC64C-3E6F-4EA4-A135-E16C67974230.jpeg5E81FF8A-77B0-4221-992A-0E87FD6F69FD.jpegDFCDCFDD-C189-4D79-B064-5CF224B2C6C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Great hunting!!! Any legal buck that fills my freezer and feeds my family will do. 5x4, 3x3, big or small fork... all good to eat. The rack will hang in honor of them and for future story telling. Doe, I've never tasted... does it have any different taste than bucks?

Great hunting!!! Any legal buck that fills my freezer and feeds my family will do. 5x4, 3x3, big or small fork... all good to eat. The rack will hang in honor of them and for future story telling. Doe, I've never tasted... does it have any different taste than bucks?

No difference in buck vs doe as long as they are handled properly! Take a steak anytime from either.

My honest opinion. Any thing young will taste better. Goats , sheep, cows.
So do deer. But to me does are even better tasting for my pallet.
It's like what taste better rooster or hen. But you know bucks taste
Great.

Very nice. Glad you got it done!

Like others have said...good eating there, especially how fast you got it in the fridge!

Reactions: Captaintb

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu