Your biggest Buck ever! Post your pictures.

Shoot a forky with that first tag ! Get on the board, and fill the freezer. Your first buck is going to be hard to beat. Not that there are not bigger bucks, but seeing a big buck and field dressing him are two different things. Contest aside, my personal goal each year is to put down a respectable mature local buck with my bow. My second tag is for trophy hunting, and my ticket to stay afield for a few months. When the end of the season gets near, I way my options and figure out how many trips I have left up the mountain and then I down grade my standards if needed. The way I see it is the more kills you have with your bow the better you’ll be prepared when your local monster steps out.

That is my strategy exactly.I have been passng on every young buck I see waiting for D-16 to open.starting tomarrow any 3 year old dies. i know I got realy lucky with that buck but I was in the right place at the right time and was prepaired and made it happen.Id like to think I can do it again if the oppertunity comes up.I don't care if i don't tag out.I already could have by now but im a very patient hunter now i will fill my d-16 and use my a-22 to keep me in the woods.If a nice buck comes by great but if not I prob won't shoot another forkie unless hes a good one by my standards.im almost as happy knowing I could have killed one.

Cool. I hate to burn a tag and I love to eat them too so come end of season anything goes for me.

I thought I'd share one of my cousin's deer. I was with him when it was killed.

I'm new here and have been a voyeur for a couple days now and decided to share. Everyone here seems very cool.

This one is from D11.

Attachments

• My Trophy 2.JPG
    My Trophy 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
That is a great buck, I love how tall his tines are and you have to love any deer that has a kicker. Do you know what he scored,? Thanks for posting this picture, very cool.

Michael Pritzl said:
That is a great buck, I love how tall his tines are and you have to love any deer that has a kicker. Do you know what he scored,? Thanks for posting this picture, very cool.

Not sure, he has never scored it. That kicker is pretty sweet.

Every time I see it in his house it brings back great memories.

Welcome to the forum 2buckchuck. I have hunted d11 a lot and have never seen one like that badass. I love the kicker on the side.

There is a lot of talent on this board. Feel free to comment on anything you see. Are you hunting this season?

BuckHunter said:
Welcome to the forum 2buckchuck. I have hunted d11 a lot and have never seen one like that badass. I love the kicker on the side.

There is a lot of talent on this board. Feel free to comment on anything you see. Are you hunting this season?

Hello Jim,

It's me Sergio!

This is one of the the kills I have, I only have two in the 12 years I've been hunting (hence the name). I'd like to think I had a hand in killing this guy. I shot at it too but he killed it. That buck gave my uncle the slip and we were able to locate him.

I have been out for archery and rifle in D11 and D13. I let a small buck go for archery (d13) and haven't seen anything during general season.

Thanks for pointing me to this website. From what I've read, everyone here seems like family.

2BUCKCHUCK said:
BuckHunter said:

Hello Jim,

It's me Sergio!

This is one of the the kills I have, I only have two in the 12 years I've been hunting (hence the name). I'd like to think I had a hand in killing this guy. I shot at it too but he killed it. That buck gave my uncle the slip and we were able to locate him.

I have been out for archery and rifle in D11 and D13. I let a small buck go for archery (d13) and haven't seen anything during general season.

Thanks for pointing me to this website. From what I've read, everyone here seems like family.

Cool man! Glad you signed up. Your second picture didn't post. Try it again. I got a buck the day after we talked.

Jim,

I am still trying to locate the other pictures. I know they're here some where.

Do you have another tag to fill?

Yep. One more to go. Its not open right now so I've been spending some family time at the zoo and pumpkin patch etc. I have a pig tag too but if I get out I really should go scouting instead.

1azbowhunter said:
2010 archery buck.170

You make me sick kid. Well done! You're a killing machine ! Someone has taught you right. Shoot man. I'm going to set up a tent in your front yard until you take me hunting.

Keep it coming!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu