0 days until the 2014 Dove season

Re: 41 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Hey guys! Looking for some help! I have everything I need for this season except a buddy and some land! I was really hoping for Simone to point me in the right direction for some good land to hunt dove! I love scouting. It's all part of the sport! So please if ya have any interest in a new hunting buddy or sharing a general good dove spot, please let me know! I have all the equipment and a young pup coming up on her first season! It will be exciting!

Re: 42 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Lungpopper said:
I'm ready. Went out and did some scouting yesterday morning found a lot of birds. Bill the birds are still on this side of the border. Although they are further south than they were two weeks ago. keeping my fingers cross for no more storms.

hahahaha that's a lot of ammo. you mean business.

Re: 40 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Only 40 more days to go...it's coming quick!

Lungpopper said:
I'm ready. Went out and did some scouting yesterday morning found a lot of birds. Bill the birds are still on this side of the border. Although they are further south than they were two weeks ago. keeping my fingers cross for no more storms.
Ummm... I think I should go back to walmart. I only bought 2 bricks. What was I thinking?!? ;D

Sent via Tapatalk

yea 2 bricks is not enough and if it is ive got waaaay too much

2 bricks is good how any birds do you want to clean?

thats what i have kids for... to clean birds. I guess i might be on track anyway ive got my self, the wife, and 3 kids to buy ammo for..... 200 each does sound about right.

Well then 200 rounds per hunt will work........the number of shells dictates how long you will shoot......when you find the right spot it's unlimited shooting as long as you have shells

Ghost said:
Lungpopper said:

You're close. I Haven't shot a full box (25) on the opener for the last 10 years. But I have some kids going this year and plan on them burning some rounds up. Want to make sure they have a good time.

Re: 41 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Ryan_germain1911 said:
Hey guys! Looking for some help! I have everything I need for this season except a buddy and some land! I was really hoping for Simone to point me in the right direction for some good land to hunt dove! I love scouting. It's all part of the sport! So please if ya have any interest in a new hunting buddy or sharing a general good dove spot, please let me know! I have all the equipment and a young pup coming up on her first season! It will be exciting!

Ryan,

It will probably be easier finding spots to hunt doves in the IV than it will be finding a good hunting buddy....lol....I can only speak for myself, but I've hunted with some of the same guys for many years....Kind of like an old pair of boots......You just get comfortable with them.... ;)

Here's some suggestions that might help.......Try and find like minded people at work or places you frequent. Get on local hunting forums (like you have). I think you said you live in north county. Escondido Fish & Game Assoc. opens it's trap range to the public on Wednesday nights. Find some buddies that may want to start shooting. Or you might even meet some new guys there......Talk hunting and shooting in mixed circles (something I always do). You never know who may want to get into it or may already hunt.......Any relatives near by?.......Most of us started with fathers, cousins, uncles, etc. Another thing is don't be afraid to go by yourself. All of us have many times. When selling yourself to someone you just meant, it shows dedication.

Remember too, it's not all about shooting a bird. It's really all about safety.......Always talk safety 1st, when talking to a new person......The good hunts and birds will come.

ps.......Send me a pm. I can help you with places to hunt doves.

Re: 39 More days until the 2014 Dove season

We are in the 30's now. Only 39 days left and we will be in full swing hunting mode!

Lungpopper said:
Ghost said:
Lungpopper said:

You're close. I Haven't shot a full box (25) on the opener for the last 10 years. But I have some kids going this year and plan on them burning some rounds up. Want to make sure they have a good time.

That's impressive LP. I read somewhere that dove hunters average 7 shells per bird. You're at less than 2.5 shells per bird.

I seem to also recall someone boasting (maybe on SCH?) they aim for 10 birds with 9 shots.

So stoked on the upcoming season! Been in a serious drought with all the coyotes I'm not killing! Those couple bunnies I got last weekend were a nice change from the usual. Getting my decoys and a new rem choke (full) today.

Last year I had quite a few doubles... but there were quite a few that I spent all 3 rounds on that got away (because of their cunning ability to change direction... not because of lack of shooting skills ;D)! Here's to hoping that they are nice and dumb on opening week!

I'm ready to shoot mornings and white wings after practicing hunting euros I got my first double last week after missing 25 shots in a row then killed 5 with 10 shells.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: 35 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Wow - time is flying by. 35 more days until Dove Season!

It'll be here before we know it............... ;)

Attachments

• dove opener 9-1-11 007.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 007.JPG
    762 KB · Views: 12
  • dove opener 9-1-11 010.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 010.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 11
  • dove opener 9-1-11 009.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 009.JPG
    561.5 KB · Views: 12
  • dove opener 9-1-11 042.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 042.JPG
    511.3 KB · Views: 12

Right on time, it's rocking in the iv today. Screenshot_2014-07-27-11-22-46_zpsrtooi4bj.png

I think I'll cancel my trip to Wister this week.......................lol

Re: 34 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Well - 34 more days and then it's official!

Re: 34 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Went out scouting for some new spots yesterday. Thought id run into some rain with the thunder but nope. Weather went down to as low as 90* so even got to shoot some clays.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu