Archery Elk hunt blog --live updates ----

Noaa says 4deg with a windchill of 10 below. I'm going up high so I'm guessing zero,!

Damn weather service lies. It's 8 deg out here.

Make sure to send GPS cords so in the spring we can find your frozen body before the thaw

MJB said:
Make sure to send GPS cords so in the spring we can find your frozen body before the thaw

With your .50 cal Hawken.....................lol

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nqxIdROsI

I'm alive and tired :) no shots taken but watched elk all morning. Glassed a big boy way up on the mountain. He was pretty safe today.

Nap Time

MJB said:
Actually that's a great point. I'm sure you've been letting your dad know where you'll be and when to expect you, but it's worth mentioning on the forum. Stay safe!

3:30

Warmed up a lot today back up to 50. Tummy not feeling to good so I decide to sit in the pop up again. On the way I check two tanks and head over. Before I crawl in I re set my cam.

Fail..... As I'm tying the camera up a group of 10 elk walk in on me and run off.

4:08

Thinking of taking up golf , have a squirrel going nuts behind me. Last time that happened a lion tried to eat me

Hell - your bound to stumble on to something soon. Getting all of the silly mishaps out of the way. Its going to happen soon - I can feel it!

Yeah 3 is cold

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Dang, that's cold. I should have lent you the "rut hat" my wife knit for me. Nice and warm, and it brings good luck
;D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416319813.235702.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416319813.235702.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 24
Bonejour said:
Dang, that's cold. I should have lent you the "rut hat" my wife knit for me. Nice and warm, and it brings good luck
;D

THAT is your retirement plan right there buddy!

Your wife has a good sense of humor Don

So Bill how many hand warmers you using a day? Too damn cold for me!

I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Mexicali valley this weekend

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu