Archery Elk hunt blog --live updates ----

Hand warmers and snow mobile gloves are saving the day

This place is loaded with coyotes. Who wants to come back in late winter and bust a bunch.

Had a guide scouting for rifle season hunters walk into my hole. Note to all guides, if you hear someone whistling a children's song it tends to mean a person is here. So go away :) dude was looking for the sound like I wanted to talk.

Tonight I'm going to gamble on water. Pond was hard froze last night with the bull I scared coming back at midnight. No other critters have had a drink all day. It's scary dry out almost zero humidity with temps bouncing back into the high 50s. How's that for a swing 3 deg to 57 so here I sit stand by.....

Close call with a big bull

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 25
Warmer today 14 deg at day break. No elk so far

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm wearing camo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 104
I'm in a saddle with a crazy amount of fresh sign. It's between the bedding area and food. Wind is good and overcast.

Stand by

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 33
All cows this morning, much warmer

Just had 10 cows at point blank range. No bulls again :(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu