My play by play.

Sdbirds said:
120 yards maybe

Gun no problem range
I hope you get em if he sticks around for rifle season or moves to a more stalk able location he's gonna die if he makes either mistake I bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9/18
4:50am-11:20am

Uggg about 7 does. Maybe 2 different bucks I swear one was a small 2x3 but that could have been the fork that I'm getting too. Spotted a fork at 210yards. We had a stare off for 35 mins or so. I got to cover stared for a while the the deer got up and came to 53 and it was comming closer. I knocked an arrow got up slowly and it vanished. No idea what happend. Uggggg maybe tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    681.9 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg_thumb1.png
    image.jpg_thumb1.png
    688.4 KB · Views: 139
stay on it, only a matter of time now

Sdbirds said:
9/18
4:50am-11:20am

Uggg about 7 does. Maybe 2 different bucks I swear one was a small 2x3 but that could have been the fork that I'm getting too. Spotted a fork at 210yards. We had a stare off for 35 mins or so. I got to cover stared for a while the the deer got up and came to 53 and it was comming closer. I knocked an arrow got up slowly and it vanished. No idea what happend. Uggggg maybe tonight.
Damn it I wish I could hunt as much as you

9/20

7am-11am late start
3 does with fawns today. Moved a camera got good Picts of me setting it up and me comming to get it

At least you had a shot up at 230am and in the right spot at the right time but no deer. Only furry thing I saw was a ground squirrel!

msailor said:
At least you had a shot up at 230am and in the right spot at the right time but no deer. Only furry thing I saw was a ground squirrel!

I don't know how you guys sit in the blind I moved so much I'm constantly in the Bino's walking slow and is quite as I can. Plus I hunt brush

Sure depends on the situation or what type of terrain or hunt you are on. But my favorite is spot and stock for sure.

My area is brush. Not thick but can be noisy. Some wide open areas with scattered oaks here and there. Finally today some one turned on the switch. Most likely the cooler weather with some over cast in the morning. 3 different groups of deer all holding multiple bucks with there nose up in it chasing does around. Had a BP track me with his dog. ( set off a s sensor again LOL). Talked with him for about an hr before I told him he was really talking loud and I needed to get back to it. Put a stalk on a wild looking fork nice and wide. 120 yds and Busted. FML I love the stalk

9-21

2:00pm till way past dark

I got on a buck WITH A DOE. first time thisyear they were far 200 ish. Creapin around I got 45 yards to a small fork but only had a small face shot so still no shots. Ummm then I glassed up some illegals thought it was my buddy creepin to close so I called him a "m fer what r you doing here." Then 6 dudes jumped up and made the most noise I've ever heard trying to get away from me. No deer after that

Going early all bucks have been on the same saddle so we will see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 21
One thing is for sure..the blogging is incredible!! Keep at it..he'll walk in front of the sharp pointy thing at some point..be the arrow!

I like reading your post SD. makes me feel I am there with you. great stuff.

My partner and I went out Saturday. sat in the stand, but no luck. It's hard to sit for long hours.

Ghost

Ghost said:
I like reading your post SD. makes me feel I am there with you. great stuff.

My partner and I went out Saturday. sat in the stand, but no luck. It's hard to sit for long hours.

Ghost
Agree. Inspires me to look harder at ways to get out in the field.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu