Ring Neck Pheasant (0 day) are you ready

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
any one up for ring neck pheasant this year instead of turkey? Nov 14 2015 8)

like to get a small group go to IV for opener. hunt the fields
need bodies to walk the fields as a group and have some at the end of field.
maybe make breakfast after wards. do we have any takers.

PM me if interested.

Edited 11-2-15

Maybe in the future this will be Yearly event by all our brothers. At SCH.
Let's do this and have fun.

Edit 11-9-15

OK Dan, Jason and I had a successful scout last Saturday every one that wants to go will meet up with
us.

edited:11-13-15

will send a PM to those who PM me, give me a PM if you can make it.
then if you show up then we will give directions at were we are going.

Edited 11-14-15
[/s]
Here we go 2 AM in the morning.
See you at IV ,

Ghost

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant

Lee, I'd be down but that's opening day for deer in VA.

Ghost said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
I might take u up on that..

cool mark your calender the more the better.
get a good group going here.
Maybe we can camp or stay in motels the night before.

Ghost
That'd be cool, I'm always up for camping. If it goes down and others from SD wanna roll I'd be willing to drive and got an open spot in my truck.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Ghost said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
I might take u up on that..

cool mark your calender the more the better.
get a good group going here.
Maybe we can camp or stay in motels the night before.

Ghost
That'd be cool, I'm always up for camping. If it goes down and others from SD wanna roll I'd be willing to drive and got an open spot in my truck.

SurfNhunt

sounds like a plan.

Lets do it

Ghost

this is already shaping up for a good trip. im in north LA so if any one want to roll as well ive got room in the crew cab for 2. we roll down the 210, 10 ect.... im up for camping or hotel/motel

Better do lots of scouting before hand lots of people and their will be posted land everywhere the DWU fields will have some but those will be crowded. I hope someone has a dog or two it's almost a must on the wild birds and the ditches.
It's also the second season for dove so you can hunt those before 8am
Good luck

MJB

for sure, the Pheasant I hunt are the wild ones. I have an area I general like to go.
but the posted fields will for sure be a concern. seen lots of them at the last hunt.
It is an excellent Idea to scout for sure. since the farmers rotate and change their fields every year.

to all I suggest that I will PM a pic of the map where I generally hunt. and start from there.
we need to find a spot where we can camp. and spend the night. should be no issues.
generally I like to find the uncultivated grain fields. but as MJB said more land is being posted.

PM if any one needs further info. we will nail it down before the opener.
I would like to take a few trip over there and jump in on the dove , quail, and rabbit. while I scout.

all in all I am looking forward to it. should be great to meet you all and have a fun day.

Ghost

Very generous offer there.....I hope guys respect your info and good luck!

Ghost, I can't go on that particular weekend but I'll pm you to try to get out earlier and help you scout. Any day in the field is a good day...

Bonejour said:
Ghost, I can't go on that particular weekend but I'll pm you to try to get out earlier and help you scout. Any day in the field is a good day...

Don

it would be my pleasure.

Ghost

i'll start keeping one eye out towards the fields as I drive to work in the mornings and check for any gallo sightings. i'll keep ya'll posted ;)

Im new to the Group, been hunting IV for 42 years. started hunting when they planted birds, man that was crazy. follow the trucks watch the birds release, line the field and everyone walk to the middle. good ol days. Ghost, I also have a small group of good, hunters including my 2 boys, 5 of us with 2 dogs. love to share some areas with you and vice versa, a group hunt would be fun, love to meet new people who enjoy and respect the IV.

Ghost, you are gonna have a good group out there with you!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu