Ring Neck Pheasant (0 day) are you ready

kylemg0009 said:
Nada. Dog was in scent for pheasant a coupe of times and lots of tracks... Just couldn't find them. A lot of dove hunters, ghost got one....

Started the morning off on a bad note though.... Driving in the dark out there. Thought it was just a sand hump and went over it and BAM. Ghost wasn't able to get it out with his truck, triple a did the job though. Luckily the only damage that was done was to the left part of the front bumper, just a few scratches... Pretty embarrassing haha
7958d07b2a0479d0e44f5e5f6fe872c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks.. good thing u had help. Wish I could've gotten out there today.

SurfNHuntSD said:
kylemg0009 said:
Nada. Dog was in scent for pheasant a coupe of times and lots of tracks... Just couldn't find them. A lot of dove hunters, ghost got one....

Started the morning off on a bad note though.... Driving in the dark out there. Thought it was just a sand hump and went over it and BAM. Ghost wasn't able to get it out with his truck, triple a did the job though. Luckily the only damage that was done was to the left part of the front bumper, just a few scratches... Pretty embarrassing haha

That sucks.. good thing u had help. Wish I could've gotten out there today.
Same here, and I wish I there to help you out. You couldn't get it out with a truck?
Anybody going tomorrow? I think I am gonna go for a dove hunt.

so what was the total for pheasant opener from every buddy? I wish i could have meet up with this trip just could not find you all after i did not make it at the meet up. our total 3 hunters for 2 days 5 nice roosters.

I'm driving down Wednesday for a dove hunt primarily but bringing pheasant loads and my duck gear and loads. All in the name of maximizing my trip if I limit early with dove on to the next hunt!

kylemg0009 said:

Its so dark out there in the severe AM that could happen to any of us. Just gotta take it slow and when in doubt get out and look...

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant

Suburban Adventuress said:
Is this a trick question? Who wouldn't want in on this trip???

Kind of me I won't run my dog with Internet strangers

well as not much of a hunting report. met up with Kyle & Don (matavenados) at 5 am at starbucks.
I gave the location of where Dan (DanSandiego) & I scouted out the Pheasant. we headed to the spot as you know Kyle had an incident with a small canal. and was really stuck I tried to pull it out but the Jeep was to heavy for my Ranger. even in four wheel Drive.

we made a bunch of racket which probably did not help our cause. Kyle had Triple A so we waited with him to make sure it arrived and got his Jeep out. so we lost crucial time scouting out the immediate area., no worries because Kyle was not Injured and his SUV was not damaged severely. It could have gone worse. I should have been Leading the party since I am very familiar with it but I had damaged my smart phone and it was had to see in the dark.

Don had his dog and Kyle and I flanked him on the left and right. we walked several fields near by but no love.
there was several times Don's Dog was on them but no love.
so we hunted an other spot further east but no love there.
The field I hunted last Time were completed destroyed and there was just bare dirt.
most of the fields were posted so it made it tough.

well hunting is over until I finish moving.
wanted to thank Kyle & Don and Don's Dogie
we gave it hell but no luck for us that day. Don's Dogie was wore out so Don called a day.
Kyle headed home early because he had a long drive back and had a rough morning.

I stayed and scouted some areas. but hunting pressure was intense so a round 1 pm
I headed home too, it gets tough now when I get up at 2 am.
I called a day and headed home.
Just remember a bad day hunting beats any time a good day at work.
it was nice to meet the people from SCH, Jason, Dan, Kyle, and Don.
Thanks Fellas.

Ghost

Man, I wish I could have gone with you guys. I got sick, probably overdid it duck hunting and scouting the week before. When I scouted on Thursday it seemed liked everything was posted up that week. Glad to hear some other guys did well though, at least there are still some birds in the valley even though I couldn't find them. Maybe we will next time. I don't know if another hunt this season is feasible or if there has been too much pressure on the birds already. We could do a group dove hunt though? There are a couple of fields that do great with guys on all edges.

sent using a JEDI MIND TRICK from MARS

Ghost said:
well as not much of a hunting report. met up with Kyle & Don (matavenados) at 5 am at starbucks.
I gave the location of where Dan (DanSandiego) & I scouted out the Pheasant. we headed to the spot as you know Kyle had an incident with a small canal. and was really stuck I tried to pull it out but the Jeep was to heavy for my Ranger. even in four wheel Drive.

we made a bunch of racket which probably did not help our cause. Kyle had Triple A so we waited with him to make sure it arrived and got his Jeep out. so we lost crucial time scouting out the immediate area., no worries because Kyle was not Injured and his SUV was not damaged severely. It could have gone worse. I should have been Leading the party since I am very familiar with it but I had damaged my smart phone and it was had to see in the dark.

Don had his dog and Kyle and I flanked him on the left and right. we walked several fields near by but no love.
The field I hunted last Time were completed destroyed and there was just bare dirt.

we gave it hell but no luck for us that day. Don's Dogie was wore out so Don called a day.
Kyle headed home early because he had a long drive back and had a rough morning.

I stayed and scouted some areas. but hunting pressure was intense so a round 1 pm
Thanks Fellas.

Ghost

Yes and thank you Ghost for taking us out there and showing us the ropes of IV, I learned some valuable lessons for sure! Might just have to back there for a good dove hunt!

kylemg0009 said:
Ghost said:

Thanks Fellas.

Ghost

Yes and thank you Ghost for taking us out there and showing us the ropes of IV, I learned some valuable lessons for sure! Might just have to back there for a good dove hunt!

Kyle

here is one for your scrap book ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20151114_061719.jpg
    IMG_20151114_061719.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 23
nice and windy this morning, be careful if you guys are coming down today. hope wind passes so I can do a morning hunt tomorrow. ;)

ivhunter said:
nice and windy this morning, be careful if you guys are coming down today. hope wind passes so I can do a morning hunt tomorrow. ;)

The wife and I where up on the mountain (our new home) and it was windy and cold. believe it will snow soon.

Up in Oregon right now and this may be headed your way.
(Hopefully along with the hundreds of ducks and geese I saw on the way up here)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448493009074.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448493009074.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
MasterBlaster66T said:
Up in Oregon right now and this may be headed your way.
(Hopefully along with the hundreds of ducks and geese I saw on the way up here)
that where we where going to move , Oregon, great area to live, good fishing, good hunting. every thing is green.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu