Ring Neck Pheasant (0 day) are you ready

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant (9 days) are you ready

It's never any fun to get stuck in the sand.
So what are the details of the plan this weekend? Are we meeting early saturday morning in the IV?

kylemg0009 said:
So what are the details of the plan this weekend? Are we meeting early saturday morning in the IV?

all good experience. see my post on open discussion about what to carry. even if you have four wheel drive because you never know . you may need to help a buddy from being stuck.

it actually went very well, pm me and I will give the details.

Ghost

Ghost said:
kylemg0009 said:

all good experience. see my post on open discussion about what to carry. even if you have four wheel drive because you never know . you may need to help a buddy from being stuck.

it actually went very well, pm me and I will give the details.

Ghost

Agreed, I got stuck a couple months ago and luckily had a friend with me to dig out the tires. I recently just bough a folding shovel just for that. Only have a 2WD but it's held up very well.. so far. Will pm you

Don't ever trust the sand and always gun it till your out.....been there done that

See you guys at Camachos for lunch.....I will text Lee around 11am to see what time you guys will be there

Don't forget if you jump shoot ducks in the ditches, and yes they are in there, make sure you have no lead on you even when your hunting pheasants.

Hunting times 8am to sunset so get to the field by 7:30am other wise you may have more company than you want. If people are dove hunting near the field don't be surprised if the pheasants are gone so keep that in mind......happened to me last year but we did find them in a ditch 1/4 mile away.

2 bird limit for the first two days then 3 after, no hens and leave a wing or full feathered head attached.....I like to keep my birds whole/ungutted and put them in the fridge for a few weeks to age them. They are very tender, less dry and taste great just cut out any green colored meat, usually around the anus and lower back bone which you don't eat anyways.

Here's the link on safety in the field
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,8251.0.html

Here's the link on how to hunt pheasants
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,4665.msg28326.html#msg28326

Just a reminder.......Don't shoot the birds on the ground a dog or other hunter maybe nearby......Don't shoot in the direction of any road or farmer. You must be 150yds from any building including barns and you must be 50yds from the road.......And of course don't clean your birds and leave the mess.....pick up all shot shells even if they are not yours.

GOOD LUCK!

MJB said:
Don't ever trust the sand and always gun it till your out.....been there done that

See you guys at Camachos for lunch.....I will text Lee around 11am to see what time you guys will be there

Don't forget if you jump shoot ducks in the ditches, and yes they are in there, make sure you have no lead on you even when your hunting pheasants.

Hunting times 8am to sunset so get to the field by 7:30am other wise you may have more company than you want. If people are dove hunting near the field don't be surprised if the pheasants are gone so keep that in mind......happened to me last year but we did find them in a ditch 1/4 mile away.

2 bird limit for the first two days then 3 after, no hens and leave a wing or full feathered head attached.....I like to keep my birds whole/ungutted and put them in the fridge for a few weeks to age them. They are very tender, less dry and taste great just cut out any green colored meat, usually around the anus and lower back bone which you don't eat anyways.

Here's the link on safety in the field
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,8251.0.html

Here's the link on how to hunt pheasants
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,4665.msg28326.html#msg28326

Just a reminder.......Don't shoot the birds on the ground a dog or other hunter maybe nearby......Don't shoot in the direction of any road or farmer. You must be 150yds from any building including barns and you must be 50yds from the road.......And of course don't clean your birds and leave the mess.....pick up all shot shells even if they are not yours.

GOOD LUCK!

Thank You Mark, your wisdom is all ways appreciated.

Note to All

if you want to go, send me a PM if you have not received a PM from me.
feeling 100% better, 6 weeks with out smoking. lets have fun and get some birds.

Take Care
Ghost

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant (5 days) are you ready

Thanks for the invite a few weeks back ghost. Cant make it. Have work. Fish are bitting. Will be out there that following monday. Good luck and I wish I could have met some of you guys.

Capt.bones said:
Thanks for the invite a few weeks back ghost. Cant make it. Have work. Fish are bitting. Will be out there that following monday. Good luck and I wish I could have met some of you guys.

Hey Capt no worries next time. catch me some fish :p

Ghost

For sure. We always have extras. I had two yellows and about 50 sand bass our group didnt want today.

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant (4 days) are you ready

Well, just a few days away guys. Good Luck to all and i'll try and find you guys out in the field to meet a few fellow SCH members. I'll be chasing a bobcat I found and its on my bucket list after that i'll chase a few roosters with ya'll.

p.s. ... remember respect the farmers fields, lots of produce growing so they will be out protecting chasing hunters away. pick up your trash, be carefull when walking fields and have good gun control. the excitement of the hunt and when a rooster pops out of under your feet can blind your thoughts for a few seconds. good luck!!

Did anybody get any permissions to hunt any fields?

sent using a JEDI MIND TRICK from MARS

Hey guys.

Rule is if it is not posted it is permitted by the land owner.if it is posted
No trespassing. Then it a no go. So far the places we scouted is good. But it can change.

That is why we must meet early at 5 AM at Starbucks. Then head to the fields.
It's good all over where we will be. At worst case we may have to change to near by fields.

Ghost

HELP! IS ANYONE NEAR CALEXICO AND CAN HELP PULL ME OUT OF THE SAND? I WILL HOOK YOU UP HUGE PLEASE HELP

MasterBlaster66T said:
HELP! IS ANYONE NEAR CALEXICO AND CAN HELP PULL ME OUT OF THE SAND? I WILL HOOK YOU UP HUGE PLEASE HELP

I sent a message to IVhunter (rick) other wise flag down a farm worker see if they can help.

Ghost

I was able to get out thank God thanks everybody for helping

MasterBlaster66T said:
I was able to get out thank God thanks everybody for helping

hey, glad you made it out... but did you find any quail or roosters :)

No not a thing I scouted from Sun up until 11:30 I took a break for lunch at Rosas then again from 12:30 to 2 before I got stuck. I think the extra weight from the burritos got me stuck, but they sure were good

Oh I forgot I'm pretty sure I did see one this morning, in a posted field tho

MasterBlaster66T said:
Oh I forgot I'm pretty sure I did see one this morning, in a posted field tho

next time go with me and and I will show you Birds ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu