Ring Neck Pheasant (0 day) are you ready

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant

Pheasants are fun :) till the ducks show up

Attachments

• 20141018_092500.jpg
    20141018_092500.jpg
    995 KB · Views: 26

Love those wild roosters......So sad that we lost our pheasants at San Jacinto W.A. and for the most part at Wister.

Opening day at San J & Wister back in the 90's with my dad.

ps.....I got a banded bird at each place and they had been banded when captured in Sacramento the year before.

Attachments

• pheasant opener 2000[1].jpg
    pheasant opener 2000[1].jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 28
  • San J opener 1992.jpg
    San J opener 1992.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 28

watching pheasant hunting videos getting pumped up. going for rabbits in the morning with air rifle. taking my shotty and my 22lr . start the count down.

Ghost

A lil video staring me... Pheasant are fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-2SZcbQyw

Also seen in that video is winda's last retrieve.....i miss her

Great memories with great dogs......This was my last hunt with Yeager & Mike..... :(

One would find 'em, the other would retrieve 'em...... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150809_0001.jpg
    IMG_20150809_0001.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 29

was Tia's first blind as well. She didn't know that rooster was hunkered down out there. she keep looking at me like ok i remember this drill but you dont have any bumpers lol..... that said my dogs are not versatile and can not be expected to hunt pheasants that well :)

Zoe would flush and Zita would retrieve nonstop hunting while in the ditches....she would even steel other birds out of the mouths of labs we hunted with.......which was damn funny and a little embarising for the owners

The odd part Zita wouldn't fetch a ball if her life depended on it go figure.

That's because labs are well behaved, mild mannered, and disciplined...... ;D

Oh, and Trigger ain't letting go of any bird...... :p

Attachments

• IMG_8879.JPG
    IMG_8879.JPG
    653 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8870.JPG
    IMG_8870.JPG
    473.8 KB · Views: 27

I bet......Zita got schooled once by a big male lab where he stole it from her, the look on her face was priceless......the best one she got was a duck from a big lab that was stuck in the mud. She was so light she didn't sink like the lab did.......nothing like the owner loosing his boots in the muck while freeing his dog.....

More Roosters with the Jagds!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30

them gallos are cool... as a kid I would chill right outside heber in the asparagus fields and the roosters would be sparing (fighting) and chasing the hens, that red on there face puffs up all crazy while they do the mating dance and the sounds (calls) they make are priceless... how many more days till season?? lol

hey how about some of you seasoned guys post up some hard core pheasant safety & hunting basics and pin it. I believe it would be great for the newbies on this board. I can start it but I know there guys out there that have lots of information and experience.
I will start a new thread.

Ghost

There was a thread two years ago with tips for roosters in the IV

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu