Vlads invasion...

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
I know many have yardbirds on there minds this time of year.... But..any thoughts on Vlad and his army getting it on in Ukraine? Let's hear it fellas...

Putin is going to do as he pleases and the world be damned. He wants the USSR back together again and, he will likely get his way. Let's go Brandon is the weakest president since the peanut farmer. But it really wouldn't matter who is in offices, Putin does what Putin does. Back in the USSR. I think Trump is right when he says Putin is smart, smart enough to know there is very little the wold can do to stop him.

Pretty much my thoughts...I think though that the bigger picture is where does he stop? He is gonna take Ukraine no doubt...might stop there for awhile..and then maybe role into Poland or Romania...inching his way back...? If not during his time..but setting it up for the future? And where is the RONA during all this? Seems to have disappeared...hmmm

Honest question… does it matter to us if he takes Ukraine back? Half the country still speaks Russian, they’re not a NATO member and we’ve involved ourselves in too many wars we didn’t need to be in already. People will certainly die and that’s terrible. Personally, I’m tired of it being our men and women dying over other people’s land, resources, money or whatever bullshit the elites want them dying over.

He tries rolling into places like Poland and other countries and I think we’re talking a whole different animal as we have more ties. Not sure I see that happening at this point.

Honest question… does it matter to us if he takes Ukraine back? Half the country still speaks Russian, they’re not a NATO member and we’ve involved ourselves in too many wars we didn’t need to be in already. People will certainly die and that’s terrible. Personally, I’m tired of it being our men and women dying over other people’s land, resources, money or whatever bullshit the elites want them dying over.

He tries rolling into places like Poland and other countries and I think we’re talking a whole different animal as we have more ties. Not sure I see that happening at this point.
So... I am actually a first-generation American and my family is refugees from Ukraine. My grandfather was actually captured by the Russians and sent to a concentration camp only to be diverted along the way and used as "decoy Russians" for the Germans to shoot at. He was shot and ended up escaping via a stolen Nazi motorcycle in the may lay.

You're right that it's not quite as cut and dry as them invading some of the other countries, however, there is no question that he is 100% in the wrong and this is not something the Ukrainians want. Much of the lack of NATO commitment comes from the lack of trust (rightfully so). Ever since we promised to protect them if they gave up their weapons (nuclear) they have regretted it and have been vulnerable. Putin is taking advantage of that given the complete lack of spine amongst our "leaders."

I don't want war and more world policing but if we gave our word to help defend them (while disarming them) that means something and our word is something we need to stand behind. This should be a good lesson for us. NEVER let your security lay in the hands of another and NEVER give up your right to defend yourself.

Nuke Moscow. They will retaliate and nuke Washington and will have eliminated both problems.
The rest of us can agree to stop there.

I was stationed in Germany on the Czech border from 79-81 when Warsaw Pact was a big threat but the scenario is different now. This is in Europe's backyard and they should be showing some Bolas and stepping up to plate and not relying on us for everything. Should Russia attack a Nato member state then its an attack on the US and its game on...
We should continue to help and somewhat supply the Ukraine but one of my concerns is that if Ukraine loses, all the armament that we gave them end up in russian hands even if its lower level/tech stuff. I would imagine that our satellites are watching everything and we are advising the Ukrainians. Ukraine had many years to prepare for these scenarios and their old generals were from the soviet era and trained in soviet tactics so they know the game. I just think Europe could make a stronger stand, Finland doesn't love Russia, Turkey is with Ukraine and Poland hates em as well so Germany, France, Brits and Scandinavia need to step up to the plate.
Along the same lines, Iran is the problem of the Arab states and of Israel, Im OK with Israel taking out Iranian reactors cause the threat is to them not us.
I imagine that its pretty exciting and interesting right now being on our Subs.... :)

Putin is going to gain three things out of this. One Ukraine will not become part of NATO, which he was strongly opposed to. Two he will install a Moscow friendly leader, for lack of a better word.. Three and really important he will have another warm water port.

Could this be the beginning of world war 3, or do ya think the world will stand by and let Russia have them?

Liker to see our covert special forces (CIA) go in and take out Putin. Problems solved
It is illegal for the USA to assassinate foreign leaders. President Reagan signed the order making it illegal. This was followed by an order earlier by president Ford.

It is illegal for the USA to assassinate foreign leaders. President Reagan signed the order making it illegal. This was followed by an order earlier by president Ford.
Never stopped them in the past. Hell they were even behind the assassination of Kennedy

So... I am actually a first-generation American and my family is refugees from Ukraine. My grandfather was actually captured by the Russians and sent to a concentration camp only to be diverted along the way and used as "decoy Russians" for the Germans to shoot at. He was shot and ended up escaping via a stolen Nazi motorcycle in the may lay.

You're right that it's not quite as cut and dry as them invading some of the other countries, however, there is no question that he is 100% in the wrong and this is not something the Ukrainians want. Much of the lack of NATO commitment comes from the lack of trust (rightfully so). Ever since we promised to protect them if they gave up their weapons (nuclear) they have regretted it and have been vulnerable. Putin is taking advantage of that given the complete lack of spine amongst our "leaders."

I don't want war and more world policing but if we gave our word to help defend them (while disarming them) that means something and our word is something we need to stand behind. This should be a good lesson for us. NEVER let your security lay in the hands of another and NEVER give up your right to defend yourself.
We didn't NATO did and since they did they should. Only problem I see with it most NATO troops are US.

Maybe it’s because I am a new dad. But all I can think about is people are dying and it makes me so sad.

We didn't NATO did and since they did they should. Only problem I see with it most NATO troops are US.
Yeah, without typing out half a page we are probably saying the same thing more or less. Clinton is about as much to blame here as Sleepy Joe in my book.

Back