Vlads invasion...

Maybe it’s because I am a new dad. But all I can think about is people are dying and it makes me so sad.
I hear you on that one. Knowing I could be stronger, better, more influential and knowing my relatives are over there suffering is eating at me quite a bit. I really just need to focus on the things that matter in life.

It is really pathetic that so many people think that this is the responsability of the US....get it thru your head..it is not.
This is l not the US war or fault and it sure as he'll is not the US's job to end this crisis..Putin has always being a SOB..unless you lived in a bubble over the last 20 yrs.....grow a pair and see it for what it is..forget about your boy Trump for a minute...who by the way acts like a school girl when he talks about Putin, a murder, ex kgb mtfkr......Quite a brave Republican Trump is...laughable.
The US is an allied..nothing more and nothing less and as such it has an obligation to assist, support and work with its allies. Sure the US is the most influential so I can see how there is more expectation for the US to act. But we have freaking problems of our own that need to be handled coming out of covid and dealing with inflation.
Suddenly is " Russia good" "Russia strong".."America weak"....Bunch of BS polital nonsense from a side that can't get over the fact that old beat up sleepy Joe beat the crap out of the orange man..
If you gonna take a side take the US side for crying out loud.

Reactions: SteveHazard
Steve...who was the guy that use to post Lloyd pics all over his bird shooting endeavors? I see some similarities with this one....( He sure did love Lloyd) only thing that gave him a hall pass from my end...he was a trump hater also. I believe..

Reactions: socalhntr
Steve...who was the guy that use to post Lloyd pics all over his bird shooting endeavors? I see some similarities with this one....( He sure did love Lloyd) only thing that gave him a hall pass from my end...he was a trump hater also. I believe..
Larry. Maybe not, I think he mainly hunts coyote. But, he did like Lloyd.

Let's not forget that Putin sucks for Russia as well.
The guy isn't doing this to make other places better. He is doing it to make other places crappier so he can maintain control.

Reactions: 180ls1
It is really pathetic that so many people think that this is the responsability of the US....get it thru your head..it is not.
This is l not the US war or fault and it sure as he'll is not the US's job to end this crisis..Putin has always being a SOB..unless you lived in a bubble over the last 20 yrs.....grow a pair and see it for what it is..forget about your boy Trump for a minute...who by the way acts like a school girl when he talks about Putin, a murder, ex kgb mtfkr......Quite a brave Republican Trump is...laughable.
The US is an allied..nothing more and nothing less and as such it has an obligation to assist, support and work with its allies. Sure the US is the most influential so I can see how there is more expectation for the US to act. But we have freaking problems of our own that need to be handled coming out of covid and dealing with inflation.
Suddenly is " Russia good" "Russia strong".."America weak"....Bunch of BS polital nonsense from a side that can't get over the fact that old beat up sleepy Joe beat the crap out of the orange man..
I've gotta disagree. The turmoil everywhere is a direct result of weakness. If Trump were in office today, even without a bit of military action, this would not be happening.

Under Trump:
The middle east was the closest to peace we had in a long time.
Russia behaved themselves.
China behaved.
North/South Korea.
He actually called out NATO for not contributing $.

We agree that we should take care of ourselves first, no doubt, however, if you could save thousands of families from heartache simply by being strong then why wouldn't you?

Last edited:
I've gotta disagree. The turmoil everywhere is a direct result of weakness. If Trump were in office today, even without a bit of military action, this would not be happening.

Under Trump:
The middle east was the closest to peace we had in a long time.
Russia behaved themselves.
China behaved.
North/South Korea.
He actually called out NATO for not contributing $.

We agree that we should take care of ourselves first, no doubt, however, if you could save thousands of families from heartache simply by being strong then why wouldn't
What has the US done or not done related to Russia that could have prevented Putin to want to take over?
The argument that if Trump was running the country this would not have happend is just a blind love affair.
What do you think he would have done? Threatening Putin with fire power so we could go to war to defend a land that is not ours?
Again is not the US job to keep world peace no matter who runs the country.

Last edited:
What has the US done or not done related to Russia that could have prevented Putin to want to take over?
The argument that if Trump was running the country this would not have happend is just a blind love affair.
What do you think he would have done? Threatening Putin with fire power so we could go to war to defend a land that is not ours?
It matters not who is in office, Putin is going to do what Putin wants to do. Sanctions never ever work because there are alway counties willing to help. Putin has had many years to make Russia pretty much sanction proof. Now if he try to go into Poland, the shit will really hit the fan.

What the US and our leadership do absolutely has an influence on the rest of the world and their actions. If you don't think the most powerful military and leader in the world has an effect on other nations we can just stop the conversation here.

There is no way to know what would have happened so your questions are speculative and cannot be answered without a high degree of error. However, if you understand people you would know the role of strength, leadership, survival and threats do play a role in how others will conduct themselves. It literally boils down to basic biology.

Could this be the beginning of world war 3, or do ya think the world will stand by and let Russia have them?
I think that depends entirely on whether Putin decides to push his luck with a NATO ally.

I don’t think we’ll go to war over Ukraine but we could easily go in over NATO. It would be justified by our treaty obligations.

I think the danger is, with Biden in the WH, Putin may just decide to test how committed we truly are to NATO and probe the Baltic nations.

I think that depends entirely on whether Putin decides to push his luck with a NATO ally.

I don’t think we’ll go to war over Ukraine but we could easily go in over NATO. It would be justified by our treaty obligations.

I think the danger is, with Biden in the WH, Putin may just decide to test how committed we truly are to NATO and probe the Baltic nations.
Yup. He is and has been doing that already. He is watching NATO like a hawk right now seeing how they respond.

I will always take the side of the US and that includes pointing out that Biden has shown weak leadership throughout this affair (not to mention his already disastrous presidency).

His sanctions have been weak and he barely managed to mr magoo his way through the press conference yesterday. He is predictable and, unfortunately for us, predictably weak.

Trump was no Ronald Reagan but the same unpredictability that irked our allies so much also forced our enemies to tread more carefully.

I will always pick the side of the US but right now team USA and team Biden are not the same thing.

The sanctions our POS president has imposed are useless. He needs to go after Putin and put a stop to our dependence on foreign oil. Since he has taken office he has destroyed our economy and increased our dependence on foreign oil. We were energy independent under Trump and the first day in office this POS cancels Keystone pipeline, next cancels all new oil leases, next cancels pipeline in Michigan, next increased imported oil from Russia, next allows for pipeline from Russia to Germany (although who are we to dictate that). Could not be a more useless POS in office his foreign policies have been a disaster

The sanctions our POS president has imposed are useless. He needs to go after Putin and put a stop to our dependence on foreign oil. Since he has taken office he has destroyed our economy and increased our dependence on foreign oil. We were energy independent under Trump and the first day in office this POS cancels Keystone pipeline, next cancels all new oil leases, next cancels pipeline in Michigan, next increased imported oil from Russia, next allows for pipeline from Russia to Germany (although who are we to dictate that). Could not be a more useless POS in office his foreign policies have been a disaster
Indeed. I also can’t imagine that our completely inept departure and abandonment of Afghanistan helped us any vis a vis the Russian situation.

Biden abandoned Americans and our Afghan supporters in Kabul so what chance could Ukraine have of our support?

Yup. He is and has been doing that already. He is watching NATO like a hawk right now seeing how they respond.
Putin is in The Ukraine because they wanted to join NATO. Putin does not want a NATO member on Russias boarder. Once Ukraine is once agin part of Russia, Poland will be on their boarder. Now what??????? Maybe Putin was just using the NATO boarder issue for an excuse to invade. The USA has an influence around the globe, just not enough to stop countries from doing as the please. Putin, Ukraine as and example. Nothing short of war with Russia would have stopped him.

Putin is in The Ukraine because they wanted to join NATO. Putin does not want a NATO member on Russias boarder. Once Ukraine is once agin part of Russia, Poland will be on their boarder. Now what??????? Maybe Putin was just using the NATO boarder issue for an excuse to invade. The USA has an influence around the globe, just not enough to stop countries from doing as the please. Putin, Ukraine as and example. Nothing short of war with Russia would have stopped him.
He is doing what everyone does who pushes their agenda. Pushes as far as they possibly can to see what they can get away with. When there is weak opposition they push far and fast. Further and faster than they otherwise would have if they know the opposing force is in a stronger position.

I agree that he will just keep going until the burden of doing so is too great. Where that is? We dont know, much of that depends how everyone responds. If the resistance is weak he will keep steamrolling full speed ahead, just like any bully.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu