0 days until the 2014 Dove season

Re: 59 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Nice Mark!

Way to put em down Mark!

Sent via Tapatalk

Re: 60 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Aeon said:
The noaa outlook is for a extreme monsoon pattern starting mid Aug. It's a El nino thing

Big thunder storms and lots of rain here in Yuma today. Birds were flying like there life depended on it when we were driving back from the river today.

Aeon said:
The noaa outlook is for a extreme monsoon pattern starting mid Aug. It's a El nino thing
Great another monsoon on the opener lol last years was kinda gnarly I remember the night before the opener me and everyone I was hunting with on the opener we're in the pool were we were staying and their was lightning in the distance and we weren't scared or anything just relaxin. then lighting struck about a quarter mile away and made a noise like a gunshot and lit some nearby hay bales on fire. I don't think it took us 5 seconds to get out of pool and back inside lol. Not to mention when we went out to dinner in some places the street was flooded. I hope it isn't that bad on the opener this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They all fly to mex where I can shoot them at my leisure....

Are the limits staying the same this year or being raised like was rumored

Re: 57 More days until the 2014 Dove season

57 more days

I'm counting down the days. Just got my girlfriend to order a new 870 supermag for the Fall.
Out of curiosity, I'm from the Northern San Fernando Valley bordering Canyon Country. Any one else up around here, or are most of you down south a bit?

I am very close off the 210 just south of the 118 its a 3-4 hr drive but soooo worth it to go down south. I am actually heading south in 2 weeks for a day of 2 of euro hunting with my wife adult step son and his adult cousin. we first went a few months ago and it was awsome

Any one that has been to imperial for euros the past few weeks can you say what general area id be better off at? we hunted south of calapatria last time and got 24 in 2 days. we will be camping at the fountain of youth spa north of niland. anything near slab city so far this year?

The last group of birds I cleaned one had eggs with a soft membrane as a shell. Does not look good for keeping these birds in check........or maybe they produce now and she is early.

Re: 55 More days until the 2014 Dove season

55 more days left.

Last year was crazy the day & night before the opener......A giant haboob, then rained like crazy......These pix are of downtown El Centro after the CWA banquet....... :eek:

Made for a beautiful sunrise the next morning and limits were had.......... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4031.JPG
    IMG_4031.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4036.JPG
    IMG_4036.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4050.JPG
    IMG_4050.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4051.JPG
    IMG_4051.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4054.JPG
    IMG_4054.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 19

We were hunting further North East and the night before opener was one of the most amazing downpours I had ever witnessed.

Re: 54More days until the 2014 Dove season

54 days left...

Re: 54 More days until the 2014 Dove season

Well - we have 52 more days until the 2014 Dove season kicks off. My neighbor Skinny Hunter has been shooting five stand every week in preparation.

I think next week I am going to do a little euro practice and get my swing down!

I would recommend it!

Only problem you may have too much fun and want to go back.......I've been out about 7 times so far 200 rounds per trip and more birds than you want to clean. It's a real challenge not to shoot a WW or morning which adds a new level to the hunt......no crowds and they taste good!

I'm hoping to get my euro on next weekend also.

The Euros have been a lot of fun lately.

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 160

Awesome pic Josh!

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu