17th Annual SCH New Mexico Elk Hunt has begun

Spent the morning watching the Sherpas go get our elk off the mountain. From a safe distance of course. Got them in the cady about noon and made a trip to the butcher.
The guys made some stalks today but no new elk on the ground. View attachment 47409View attachment 47410
Ouch ! Cub is never a good walk, a lot different than when I first went there. Congrat's

Reactions: Lungpopper and NBK
We were able to get ourselves in the mix with three different groups of elk today but unable to finish. 30,000 plus steps and my body feels like they were all up hill. Tomorrow is another day.

View attachment 47418
Looks like all the same grounds but they won't come down and make it easy. I'll have to get my knee's fixed to get up there the next time I can make it .P.s you'll get 'em as you alway's have...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu