2015 bass fishing

D16hunter said:
Nice job on the bass I love that BBZ rat I just ordered one 5 minutes ago
They are fun. I am sure a lot of other rats or wake baits work fine in its place, but as we know, they are all gimmicks to catch fisherman anyway.

Good work Nick.......Love that pic....... 8)

Hodges is still producing a few, but really tough for us shore bangers overall..... ???

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    659.2 KB · Views: 34
78569d77f093a9fd1c54e3ff43178442.jpg
I normally fish alone but last night I went with 2 buddies who have never caught a fish in their lives. I caught this one first thing then dedicated the rest of night night to getting them each a fish. I never made another cast and in the end we all caught one. I'd say that was a successful night.

D16hunter said:
78569d77f093a9fd1c54e3ff43178442.jpg
I normally fish alone but last night I went with 2 buddies who have never caught a fish in their lives. I caught this one first thing then dedicated the rest of night night to getting them each a fish. I never made another cast and in the end we all caught one. I'd say that was a successful night.

Nice job getting your buddies hooked.

ee722017e43d2de5bc623f816814ac71.jpg
57ff961b2bfbf3c363f43f7abfb4f978.jpg

Caught a few today at havasu this SCH shirt is starting to become lucky

Congrats I LOVE catching smallmouths. They have so much fight in them. If you ever get the catch to fish the Great Lakes, probably some of the best small mouth fishing.

Ajsnack said:
Congrats I LOVE catching smallmouths. They have so much fight in them. If you ever get the catch to fish the Great Lakes, probably some of the best small mouth fishing.
I was shocked to see the fight in this fish I was fishing dropshot on 6lb test and this fish hit and peeled a ton of line I probably had him within 10 feet 5 times and he kept peeling a ton of line before I finally netted him. I also am probably going to fish the Great Lakes some day. I'm moving to Tennessee in 2 years to start a farm with my dad so I might have to make a trip some day

Congrats on your first smallmouth. They are something else and I love them. If you can get down to fish the parker strip those smallies pull even harder. It seems because of the current they are just built stronger.

D16hunter said:
Ajsnack said:
I was shocked to see the fight in this fish I was fishing dropshot on 6lb test and this fish hit and peeled a ton of line I probably had him within 10 feet 5 times and he kept peeling a ton of line before I finally netted him. I also am probably going to fish the Great Lakes some day. I'm moving to Tennessee in 2 years to start a farm with my dad so I might have to make a trip some day
If you are moving to Tennessee you will need a boat. If you want big small mouth Dale hollow will be a must. Also the landlocked striper in that area of the country are monstrous!

Many years ago, I had the pleasure of being invited to fish Lake Arrowhead.....The 1st smallies I ever caught were here.....Fought like crazy..... I do think part of the reason for what seems to be a better fight is because I've historically used lighter gear for them......More of a finesse fish.

Lake Erie is definitely on my short bass fishing bucket list.

Steve, I am not sure is this is scientific at all, but I think if you take the one LMB and one SMB of the same weight and put them side by side you will see a difference in their tail size and bulk. The rear section on a SMB always seems to have a lot more muscle and the tails always appear to be very large.

I do not know is this is genetics because of their ability to live comfortably in current or not. Just an observation I have made.

I love the brown ones, but the green ones are fun too. A buddys from today on my boat.

P.s. I have heard Cuyamaca has a healthy SMB population. Much truth to that?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434255912625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434255912625.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 24
The old adage from growing up, was if you were able to tie a smallmouth and largemouth of equal size together, the smallmouth would tow the largemouth wherever it wanted too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu